M60 MBT Modifications Opinions

Oleksandr

20 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Would you send a strike force of m60s and m113s against Russia?

Well, like so many things it depends on the circumstances.  If the Russian unit to be attacked was thought to be mostly infantry or the unit was Separatists or the Russians had the initiative and were attacking and you had to defend using the closest friendly forces etc....  But I don't have much interest in debating such things and will leave that to smarter people. 

A more interesting question might be, Who would buy a module / battlepack that contained Turkish TOE?  I know I would :).         

36 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Would you send a strike force of m60s and m113s against Russia?

Well, the M60T with its 120mm gun, fancy era package and what appears to be some sort of MAWS might still have some relevance. More so than the T-64bv perhaps. although I suppose that if the Turks were involved they'd probably send their Leopards. WRT M113s, I believe they use both plain old vanilla M113s and the 25mm cannon armed variety that the dutch use in CMSF. I'm sure if they were facing up to the Russian hoards they'd be able to at least purchase an ERA package for them as a UOR (if they don't already have one).

14 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Pessimist? OK. No further comments.

Hmmm... I wasn't aware that pessimist was an offensive term. In point of fact, I agree with you that Turkey is neither likely to be included in the game nor would they be a match for Russia one to one. On the other hand, I don't think that they would be markedly more inferior to Russian forces than the Ukrainians, particularly if their best units were involved.

Turkey doesn't really well fit the scenario.  I think if you worked hard you could fit in most NATO countries as part of a training/deterrence mission that as in country/theater when the fight kicked off.  This fits most of the Western NATO countries quite well.  Turkey though isn't really a frequent contributor, and it's current and recent political posture makes its presence in Eastern Europe doubtful.  

With that said, I think they're a shoe-in for a CMSF 2.0 module.  

52 minutes ago, Chudacabra said:

Oh, that'd be great, but hasn't BF said there will be no more content for CMSF 2.0 beyond the existing modules?

To be honest, I only know vaguely of the product.  I've been stupid levels of busy over the last few months so haven't been following too closely.  If they said no new modules then I imagine no new modules.  However if there are new modules, the Turks seem like the best bet.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:12 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

A more interesting question might be, Who would buy a module / battlepack that contained Turkish TOE?  I know I would :).

I built a Turkish Core for CM:SF back before the attempted coup (mostly using German & Dutch units IIRC), deleted it as it seemed in bad taste, subsequently rebuilt it.....I also made a few (rather dark) test scenarios using some of the NATO campaign maps, but got bogged down fiddling with all the buildings.  I'm hoping that CM:SF II will 'auto-fix' the buildings for me en-masse and I can get on with things.  B)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead