Which has better campaigns and scenarios - CMRT or CMFB?

As usual with these kind of questinons...I would say that the biggest question is...what settings do YOU prefer ? The western front ? or the Eastern front ?

As far as quality goes i would say that the two games are fairly equal if you include both stock and comunity made stuff...

Kampfgruppe Peiper (CMFB) have been highly praised in the comments on these forums...So have Kampfgruppe von Schroif (CMRT) for example...

Both games obviously include far more content then these two Campaigns but as far as quality goes if feel that they are fairly equal...CMFB is a newer game and the stock scenario designers learns new tricks with every release they make but CMRT have had far more content released post release compared to CMFB.

What is yor prefrence...CMRT will give you an entirely new country to play with...entirely new units...etc. CMFB is a continuation of the fighting between the americans and the germans on the western front...It will not give  you as a unique experience as CMRT will...but if the western front 'lights your fire' to a greater degree then the east does...I'd say...go for CMFB ! 

If you do not strongly prefer the wetsren front...Go for CMRT !...Way more scenarios and Campaigns to chose from. An entirely new country. A new CMRT module is about to be released soon. CMFB is in for a longer wait it seems...

Edited by RepsolCBR

CMRT has some, in my eyes, classic battles to offer:

- Studienka
- Carius at Malinava
- Der Ring der 5. Panzer-Division
- CMRT Fester Platz Polozk

The first three are Panzer-heavy affairs on great maps with lots of room for manoeuvering. Fester Platz Polozk is a great defence scenario against the AI, it really works quite well.

Also, as already mentioned, Kampfgruppe von Schroif is a great campaign to be played, featuring German Panzer / Panzergrenadier forces in a counterattack.

So, together with the change of the theatre and the Soviets as a completely new army, my vote would go to CMRT, definitely.

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

I'm thinking about buying one of these two - which would you say has the better scenarios and campaigns? (considering both the ones that come with the games and the community made ones)

Pretty much what @RepsolCBR said.  I think you have CMBN and have probably played it to death.  CMRT would be more of a change from BN than FB would be.  While I think they are both very good if you have to pick just one I think you might get more out of CMRT.  It will be a nice change from the bocage.  And they both have tank riders which is cool. :)

I haven't played campaigns to the degree I play scenarios and Quick Battles - they're difficult and they take a long time. I started several of the campaigns in CMFI and CMBN but only finished about half of them, although some of them were very enjoyable.

In CMRT, however, I found the campaigns to be excellent. I particularly enjoyed Hammer's Flank and the one (the name I forget) where you command a Panzer division over a series of large engagements.

Thanks a lot for the good answers everybody. I don't have a strong preference either way, east or west front, that's why I thought I would ask for the quality of the scenarios. Of course that will always be subjective, but I wanted to hear your take on it.

I'd much rather play a great campaign in a theater I don't (think I) like so much than a mediocre campaign in an interesting theater.

Did Paper Tiger design any of the campaigns of those two games? Not saying other designers are not good, I just came to enjoy the quality of the guy's work in CMBN :)

12 hours ago, Mad Mike said:

- Studienka
- Carius at Malinava

The first three are Panzer-heavy affairs on great maps with lots of room for manoeuvering. Fester Platz Polozk is a great defence scenario against the AI, it really works quite well.

Also, as already mentioned, Kampfgruppe von Schroif is a great campaign to be played, featuring German Panzer / Panzergrenadier forces in a counterattack.

So, together with the change of the theatre and the Soviets as a completely new army, my vote would go to CMRT, definitely.

Yes, mine too. For the same reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, RepsolCBR said:

As usual with these kind of questinons...I would say that the biggest question is...what settings do YOU prefer ? The western front ? or the Eastern front ?

As far as quality goes i would say that the two games are fairly equal if you include both stock and comunity made stuff...

Kampfgruppe Peiper (CMFB) have been highly praised in the comments on these forums...So have Kampfgruppe von Schroif (CMRT) for example...

Both games obviously include far more content then these two Campaigns but as far as quality goes if feel that they are fairly equal...CMFB is a newer game and the stock scenario designers learns new tricks with every release they make but CMRT have had far more content released post release compared to CMFB.

What is yor prefrence...CMRT will give you an entirely new country to play with...entirely new units...etc. CMFB is a continuation of the fighting between the americans and the germans on the western front...It will not give  you as a unique experience as CMRT will...but if the western front 'lights your fire' to a greater degree then the east does...I'd say...go for CMFB ! 

If you do not strongly prefer the wetsren front...Go for CMRT !...Way more scenarios and Campaigns to chose from. An entirely new country. A new CMRT module is about to be released soon. CMFB is in for a longer wait it seems...

Are u saying that CMRT has way more scenarios in it's base game than CMFB? 

On 1/4/2018 at 5:23 AM, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks a lot for the good answers everybody. I don't have a strong preference either way, east or west front, that's why I thought I would ask for the quality of the scenarios. Of course that will always be subjective, but I wanted to hear your take on it.

I'd much rather play a great campaign in a theater I don't (think I) like so much than a mediocre campaign in an interesting theater.

Did Paper Tiger design any of the campaigns of those two games? Not saying other designers are not good, I just came to enjoy the quality of the guy's work in CMBN :)

Who is this Paper Tiger guy? Can I check out some of his works? 

32 minutes ago, Ridaz said:

Are u saying that CMRT has way more scenarios in it's base game than CMFB? 

If you only count the stock scenarios/campaigns that comes with the game when you buy it...Then the answer is NO...They are about equal...

The main difference comes when you include the comunity made stuff (wich you can download for free)...CMRT have seen a decent amount of both Campaigns and individual scenario released by other forum member...many of these are of the highest quality...well comparable to playable content  included in the game purchase... 

CMFB have seen very Little in the form of comunity made stuff so far...

You will get far more playable content if you buy CMRT (and download avaliable comunity scenarios/Campaigns)...thats what i mean...

On 1/3/2018 at 12:26 PM, Mad Mike said:

- Studienka
- Carius at Malinava

Studienka and DRd5PD are good PBEM scenarios as well, assuming you have a reliable partner who doesn't mind the time commitment required of big battles. The DRd5PD map is a masterpiece.