Happy New Year's Day! 2018 look ahead

40 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

The reason why there's been no fantasy pack for the last 20 years is because we also have always put a premium on real world stuff, not fantasy stuff.  Not just for our WW2 games but also for our Modern warfare games.  The amount of fantasy stuff we could put in Modern is... literally endless since contractors around the world each year try to convince us that everybody will be using their weapons next year or at the very latest the year after. 

Steve

I'm in the same camp as Sgt Squarehead where it would be a nice inclusion to play with some fantasy "1946" toys but 'not right now.' There are still so many other historically based 'packs' that can still be explored for the WW2 titles that would and provide us with a lot more variety in gameplay and scenario design opportunities compared to some shiney new vehicles with bigger guns.

Partisans, elite formations and minor nations would be at the top of my wishlist for future packs/modules. I'm probably the only one that's also flagged the idea of a 'Terrain Pack' in the past - again to give scenario designers some increased variety. Playing in the editor in CMBS you realise not having an infantry non-easily passable chainlink fence that doesn't block LOS/LOF is a real annoyance when trying to make a modern urban/industrial map. :P

1 hour ago, Ithikial_AU said:

I'm probably the only one that's also flagged the idea of a 'Terrain Pack' in the past - again to give scenario designers some increased variety. Playing in the editor in CMBS you realise not having an infantry non-easily passable chainlink fence that doesn't block LOS/LOF is a real annoyance when trying to make a modern urban/industrial map. :P

I am totally there with you!  I also wish there was some means of Infantry going over a tall wall with some kind of penalty, but that would require new animations etc.

Hey Guys the ww2 is not finish at all and there is a lot to do before...

I m not very agree with futurist and experimentals units...CM have to stay realiste like he do it perfectly untill now...I hope...

I am very exiting to see the face of
    • Rome to Victory
    • New CMRT Module
And be very curious to see the "link between" all CMs modules and how BF will do it to finish the war...hope to see Remagen bridge... and some actions in France with FFi FFL and Partisans...

And for later...
What  I ask BF is to bring us more deep in the past with 
One of them...
    • Specials units : also German Branderburger special unit, French, Russian Resistance Volksturm Units with also boys and girls civilian peoples can take part of little fight Berlin Stalingrad..including SAS Lisle carabine gun for night operation, engeneer can build bridges....
    • Invasion of Poland, 
    • pact Germ Rus 
    • Rus vs Finland
    • Afrika Korps
    • Battle of France combat see Somua Pz ii iii... in actions and many many others vehicles from begining of war...

including Fall of Hollland and Belgium taking strategics points with paras troops and boats...
    • Or let us discover the Pacific
    • Fall of Yugoslavia
    • Fight Greece
    • Kreta
    • Spanish civilian war
    • Korea and also the famous 
    • Fulga Gap or let us taking the idea from JoMc67...with a conflict 
    • Usa Allied vs Russia with eventual rearmament from Germany this will be also very interresting and let us enjoy Patton idea.
    • Middle East war
In the game perhaps New terrain pack like most of us would like like big factory...
Including more floatings icons and fix somes bugs I know the patch in on the way...
    • One suprem Hq or command units icon.
    • Detached unit Scout  icon.
    • Perhaps created news icons to make differences between squads with roman number I II III or one two or three blacks points on icons squads something to see the differents squads...

I think there are enough theatres that peoples would like to see, before starting to go to Mars...

But please dont come with super Maus and others experiences tanks and vehicles... or super soldiers... let please the others games doing it...
I love CMs for the reality details and I hope this will stay like this...

1 hour ago, 3j2m7 said:

Hey Guys the ww2 is not finish at all and there is a lot to do before...

I m not very agree with futurist and experimentals units...CM have to stay realiste like he do it perfectly untill now...I hope...

I am very exiting to see the face of
    • Rome to Victory
    • New CMRT Module
And be very curious to see the "link between" all CMs modules and how BF will do it to finish the war...hope to see Remagen bridge... and some actions in France with FFi FFL and Partisans...

And for later...
What  I ask BF is to bring us more deep in the past with 
One of them...
    • Specials units : also German Branderburger special unit, French, Russian Resistance Volksturm Units with also boys and girls civilian peoples can take part of little fight Berlin Stalingrad..including SAS Lisle carabine gun for night operation, engeneer can build bridges....
    • Invasion of Poland, 
    • pact Germ Rus 
    • Rus vs Finland
    • Afrika Korps
    • Battle of France combat see Somua Pz ii iii... in actions and many many others vehicles from begining of war...

including Fall of Hollland and Belgium taking strategics points with paras troops and boats...
    • Or let us discover the Pacific
    • Fall of Yugoslavia
    • Fight Greece
    • Kreta
    • Spanish civilian war
    • Korea and also the famous 
    • Usa Allied vs Russia with eventual rearmament from Germany this will be also very interresting and let us enjoy Patton idea.
    • Middle East war
In the game perhaps New terrain pack like most of us would like like big factory...
Including more floatings icons and fix somes bugs I know the patch in on the way...
    • One suprem Hq or command units icon.
    • Detached unit Scout  icon.
    • Perhaps created news icons to make differences between squads with roman number I II III or one two or three blacks points on icons squads something to see the differents squads...

I think there are enough theatres that peoples would like to see, before starting to go to Mars...

But please dont come with super Maus and others experiences tanks and vehicles... or super soldiers... let please the others games doing it...
I love CMs for the reality details and I hope this will stay like this...

So, Is there anything else we can help you with :-)

Korea?  Then (v.1) or soon (v.2).....Either would be good.  ;)

Scratch that it was already on the list.  :rolleyes:

PS - Just played a CM:BB battle.....I lost a StuG III Ausf B, 4xPz III Ausf H & 2x Pz.38(t) Ausf B to a pair of KV-2s in the space of three minutes.....God I miss the 'grey panzer' days! 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

18 minutes ago, JoMc67 said:

Hey, I don't do Modern, and don't put it in the same sentence with a 'Wehrmacht 47' Module...But, I forgive Tho :-)

Edited by JoMc67

On 1-1-2018 at 11:27 PM, Battlefront.com said:

It's time for our more-or-less traditional end/beginning of the year's "state of the state" update for Battlefront and Combat Mision.  At this point no new images to show, but I promise they won't be too long coming now that the Holidays are pretty much passed.  I didn't want to bug anybody for screenshots this past week, but I will start bugging testers quite soon :)

So, has the bugging begun yet? :) Threats are more effective perhaps.

Nice to hear that something is finally being done to fix engine 4.0, after more than a year!

I never bothered to upgrade my games from 3.0 after watching how it spoiled the gameplay, and I'm not the only one.

If the patch are successful, BF will prob. see a rush of customers upgrading their older games.

Looking forward to CMRT module 2.

Cheers,

For CMSF2 there are opportunities here to do a lot miore with the original game. For example

1 Expand the time frame to cover the period to 2003 to the near future allowing gaming of historical conflicts such as the Iraq ar, 2006 Lebanon War, the war in Yemen, the war against ISIS and hypothetical conflicts

2 Add a variety of new armies to support the above eg Iraq 2003, the New Iraqi Army, Turkish, Iranian, Jordanian, Saudi Arabia. Egyptian, IDF. This of course would not have to be done right away - expansions over a period of time would be the way to go.

This I think would give the original CMSF a whole new lease of life. Yeah I kniow the lefties would hate the IDF but they would hate this game anyway. If one is going to be hanged for a lamb.... :D

22 minutes ago, LUCASWILLEN05 said:

For CMSF2 there are opportunities here to do a lot miore with the original game. For example

1 Expand the time frame to cover the period to 2003 to the near future allowing gaming of historical conflicts such as the Iraq ar, 2006 Lebanon War, the war in Yemen, the war against ISIS and hypothetical conflicts

2 Add a variety of new armies to support the above eg Iraq 2003, the New Iraqi Army, Turkish, Iranian, Jordanian, Saudi Arabia. Egyptian, IDF. This of course would not have to be done right away - expansions over a period of time would be the way to go.

This I think would give the original CMSF a whole new lease of life. Yeah I kniow the lefties would hate the IDF but they would hate this game anyway. If one is going to be hanged for a lamb.... :D

And none of this is happening as per my post in the other thread. Put simply, CMSF 2 is CMSF upgraded to the Version 4 engine and there is absolutely no appetite on Battlefront's part to make it anything other than that.

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

When I was in charge of things we put lefties to the sword, or strung them up. Ah, "Those were the days" as Mary Hopkins once said.   

I'm starting to believe you might actually be an old English oil painting who gets on the computer when the lord of the manor is away...

Lefties hate the IDF?  I'm a lefty and have immense respect for the IDF (I've even been to Israel twice on business, amazing place, visited Masada).  That doesn't mean I agree with all Israeli policy, or all my own country's policies.

Stringing up lefties?  You mean the ones who believe in an evidence-based world, not fairy tales?  The ones that know that climate change is real, as is evolution, and the world is not just 6000 years old, and that people with non-white skin are also people, as are women?   You mean them?   The ones that know that war is real and real people die in them (which is totally cool as long as it is not one's own precious self, yes?)?  The ones who actually know history because they read books instead of watching TV all day?   You mean those folks?  Some of them have a full lifetime of interest in military history and therefore love what CM offers.  Keep your insults to your f(*&ing self.  Let's stick to CM on this forum, there's folks of many differing views of the world here.

54 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

Lefties hate the IDF?  I'm a lefty and have immense respect for the IDF (I've even been to Israel twice on business, amazing place, visited Masada).  That doesn't mean I agree with all Israeli policy, or all my own country's policies.

Stringing up lefties?  You mean the ones who believe in an evidence-based world, not fairy tales?  The ones that know that climate change is real, as is evolution, and the world is not just 6000 years old, and that people with non-white skin are also people, as are women?   You mean them?   The ones that know that war is real and real people die in them (which is totally cool as long as it is not one's own precious self, yes?)?  The ones who actually know history because they read books instead of watching TV all day?   You mean those folks?  Some of them have a full lifetime of interest in military history and therefore love what CM offers.  Keep your insults to your f(*&ing self.  Let's stick to CM on this forum, there's folks of many differing views of the world here.

Well said, So tired of trumpers. They turn any topic on any forum into attack on people who have different views. Even when the topic is just about a computer game they still have to spew their drivel.

Thanks for that folierdux!

Dear Fellow Battalion Commanders, note that I am not looking to start a discussion on left-right, right-wrong, etc.  I just want to point out that one cannot assume that everyone who plays and loves wargames is like oneself.  So let's be respectful.  We are all getting whupped, often, by this game and should therefore feel some shared experience and comradeship.  We all feel deeply the loss of our beloved troops -- especially when it's due to our (occasional/typical/endless?) poor command decisions.  ('endless' is my experience).  And do we not mourn those losses no matter the country for which they fight?  I've never been fighting as Germans and cheered as my ranks are decimated by allied artillery, yet I am glad that nazis lost. 

2 hours ago, danfrodo said:

Stringing up lefties?  Keep your insults to your f(*&ing self.  

Oh dear. You seem to not to understand irony. 

I slip in and out my alter ego's personality many times on this forum. And as mentioned previously on this site if I'd have been around at the time of the Putney Debates, I would have been one of those "strung up".

You might even wish to go back to Page 3 of this thread where I make my real views on Fascism crystal clear, via the late great lefty Woody Guthrie.

Edited by Warts 'n' all

I’d be happy to have expanded Italians (flesh out the Sicily ToE, Co-Belligerent, Fascists, Partisans) and Operation Dragoon follow Rome to Victory in CMFI.

Of course since Canadians went from Italy to North-West Europe for the end of the war there’s no secret for what I want to see in CMFB...