CMRT Campaign: The Last Bridge

Here is a link to some screenshots of my upcoming mini campaign The Last Bridge depicting  urban fighting in Berlin near the Spree River in the last days of the Battle of Berlin. Hopefully it will be finished up soon and for those who like brutal city fighting this one is for you. The screenies are depicted in my usual artistic flair.

https://imgur.com/a/xVrfI

Hope you will enjoy.

Michael

Dragonwynn,

Those shots look amazing.  Your work is incredible. B)

I'm trying to keep Capt. Stevens alive in the mists of your Field of Tears mini-campaign and now this!!!  Too much goodness...[but don't stop, keep them coming...]

This is most impressive.  Thanks for all your hard work.  It is very much appreciated.

Heinrich505

1 hour ago, slippy said:

Dragonwyn

Those shots look amazing, well done mate. Only just getting back into CM after a while away. Is there an updated list of your scenarios/campaigns anywhere please? ANd where can i download them?

Regards

slipper

Thanks guys. Slippy let me know what games you have and Ill get you the list of campaigns Ive done for them. Send me a PM and I can get you the links.

Michael

On 1/1/2018 at 4:07 PM, slippy said:

Dragonwyn

Those shots look amazing, well done mate. Only just getting back into CM after a while away. Is there an updated list of your scenarios/campaigns anywhere please? ANd where can i download them?

Regards

slipper

All of his stuff is just awesome.  I have an in progress @dragonwynn campaign on nearly all my games.  They are uniformly infuriating and excellent at the same time.  :lol:

However, one question, oh great campaign maker...do you not own CMFI?  I don't think I've ever seen a CMFI campaign?  Just wondering....;)

On 01/01/2018 at 10:56 PM, dragonwynn said:

Thanks guys. Slippy let me know what games you have and Ill get you the list of campaigns Ive done for them. Send me a PM and I can get you the links.

Michael

Could you do the same for me please? I have Normandy, MG, Italy and Russia 

3 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Actually CMFI and Afghanistan are the only two I dont own. I will probably get CMFI eventually but will probably be after I save up my monthly allowance for CMSF2 :D

Heh, I am very much looking forward to what you might cook up for CMSF2.....B)

CMRT: The Last Bridge

The Last Bridge is a CMRT mini campaign that takes place in the last days of the war during The Battle of Berlin. Hopefully it will give a good depiction of the brutal street fighting in those final days.

It is comprised of 4 missions you must successfully complete to win the campaign. If you lose the first mission you will be branched to an additional mission to have a chance to regain your honor. However the drawback is it will put additional stress on your core units.

It will require certain mods to play which will be listed below.

The campaign should be considered hypothetical even though the units are historical. However a historical timeline is included in the designer notes of the campaign for reference and interest.

It requires the latest version 4 of CMRT.

The campaign mission is to control four bridges over the Spree River and the Industrial Zone.

About the Campaign:

It takes place from April 28th, 1945 until April 30th, 1945 near the Alexanderplatz District of Berlin. The Industrial District lies on a island of sorts where the Spree River divides into separate waterways.

Your mission is to hold the 4 bridges and the Industrial District and complete the objectives of each scenario.

The Details:

To be successful you must preserve as much of your core forces as possible between missions. As in the real battle the Russians have a endless supply of men and material where you have limited resources and reinforcements.

Supply and ammunition will be stressed to the limit but you will get opportunities to be refitted. However, resource management during the first several missions is important. Make every round count.

Map:

The map was created by me and is a heavily modified Berlin map from my previous campaign The Last Panzer using the amazing Stalingrad Mod by Umlaut and NigelP. The entire campaign takes place on this one map.

Mods: For this campaign to look and play as I have designed it you will need the following mods.

All credit goes to the authors of these mods.

The Stalingrad Mod - http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=3776

(Special Note)
I have modified some of this mod to include German slogans and propaganda posters on some of the buildings to give it a Berlin feel.

Umlauts Factory Mod - (Required for the Stalingrad Mod) -  http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=266&

(Read the installation instructions carefully for both of these. I recommend a separate CMRT install for this to work best)

If you already have these two mods (and I expect many will as they are awesome) then you will be good to go.

I have included the rest of the required mods in the campaign download. They are tagged to this campaign only:

1. Aris Vehicle Mods (I have slightly modified these with specific unit insignia or damage features)
 a. Tiger 1 Mod
 b. Panther Mod
 c. StugIII Mod
 d. SDKfz 251D Mod
 e. T-34/85 Mod
 f. ISU-152 Mod
 g. IS-2 Mod
 h. OT-34/76 Mod
 i. Opel Blitz Mod

2. Umlauts King Tiger Henschel Mod

3. Mords Portrait Mods (Also slightly modified with unit insignia)

4. EZ's Uniforms and Faces Mod

5. Various Additional Terrain and Effects Features

6. Russian Telogreika Uniform Mod by Kohleklau

7. Custom Loading Music

These mods will add the immersion that I designed the campaign with.

Core Units: German

30th Panzergrenadier Regiment - 3 x Kompanies, 4 x 120mm Mortars
118th Panzer Reconnassiance Battalion - 1 x Kompanie
Panzer Regiment 118 - 1 x PzMkV, 1 x StugIIIG, 2 x PzMkVI
PanzerAbt Munchberg - 1 x PzMkVIB
18th Pioneer Battalion - 1 x Kompanie
3/115 Siemensstadt Battalion - 2 x Kompanies

Enemy Forces:

450th Rifle Regiment (Part of the 7th Rifle Corps)
42nd Guards Rifle Regiment (Part of the 5th Guards Army)
23rd Tank Brigade
12th Guards Tank Brigade
85th Independant Tank Regiment
205th Guards Rifle Regiment

Campaign Tree:

1. Crucible of Fire (Minor Victory will advance)
   Win - Incursion
   Loss- Für das Vaterland

2. Für das Vaterland (Minor Victory will advance)

Win - Incursion
   Loss - Campaign Over

3. Incursion (Minor Victory will advance)

Win - Operation Eiserne Faust
   Loss - Campaign Over

4. Operation Eiserne Faust (Minor Victory will advance)

Win - Götterdämmerung
   Loss - Campaign Over

5. Götterdämmerung (Minor Victory will advance)

Win - Campaign Victory

Here is the link to download the campaign folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/60kuv3ry9tjquv2/The Last Bridge.zip?dl=0

Place the modfolder into your dataz and the .cam file into your campaign directory.

As always let me know of any issues as this is only been lightly tested due to work schedules.

Hope you enjoy the carnage.

Michael

Dragonwynn,

I just shoved this baby into my Red Thunder game.  I had to take a look at the map and troops.  They look stunning:):):).  This really looks amazing.  I'm very excited about trying this one out, but I have to try and extract Captain Stevens from the last battle in your campaign for the Field of Tears first.  Too much goodness - where to start? Haha. 

As the names of the leaders get cut off when you enter them with the rank listed, there are a number of the officers whose names are not fully represented.  The box for the names apparently doesn't have enough characters to include rank and name.  I know I've bugged you for the full names on some of your other amazing campaigns.  Do you have their full names somewhere?

Thanks so much for your really amazing work.  It is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

22 minutes ago, Heinrich505 said:

Dragonwynn,

I just shoved this baby into my Red Thunder game.  I had to take a look at the map and troops.  They look stunning:):):).  This really looks amazing.  I'm very excited about trying this one out, but I have to try and extract Captain Stevens from the last battle in your campaign for the Field of Tears first.  Too much goodness - where to start? Haha. 

As the names of the leaders get cut off when you enter them with the rank listed, there are a number of the officers whose names are not fully represented.  The box for the names apparently doesn't have enough characters to include rank and name.  I know I've bugged you for the full names on some of your other amazing campaigns.  Do you have their full names somewhere?

Thanks so much for your really amazing work.  It is greatly appreciated.

Heinrich505

Yes Ill be glad to do that. I ment to put that into the campaign notes. Ill send it to you when I get time.