All-around best display settings for older systems?

robertiv

Hi all, relatively new to CMBS here.

My computer/vid card is getting a bit long in the tooth - AMD Radeon HD 5700 with 1gb memory, 8gb system RAM. On small maps CMBS runs smoothly with 3D model quality somewhere between Improved & Excellent, but it stutters pretty bad on larger maps. For example I'm on mission 3 of the original Russian campaign (river crossing) and at times it takes a bit of patience to scroll & zoom in areas with a lot of units.

I've only really messed around with the 3D quality though - are there other combinations of settings that make a difference? Of course ideally settings that have a better ratio of performance improvement vs aesthetic hit, but I'm curious about any that might help. Thanks.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, robertiv said:

That was exactly what I needed, thanks IanL! With those settings the object edges are a little choppier, but I'm able to smoothly run at max 3d quality -  well worth the tradeoff IMO.

Those settings? If you want, crank up the AA and see how the jaggies smooth out. (My settings use the GPU, not the CM engine, to run AA; I'd recommend the same.)