Thanks for the info. Played it a third time with a tactical victory and moved to the second battle. I always try to conserve my forces early in a campaign - every designer is different and I try to avoid being behind from the start. Deep into the second battle now and I must admit that this has been a challenge so far. One can tell that a lot of thought was put into the German's battle plans. If the remaining battles are as challenging as the first two, I will be cursing a lot! 

Warts 'n' all,

Hang on to your helmet.  It gets really hairy as the missions progress.  I've played it all the way through and it was well worth the effort.  I haven't seen Dragonwynn around lately, but I did send him a PM of an AAR of sorts for the last battle - he didn't respond so I don't know if he is still following things here..  I'll not give anything away.  This is a very well done campaign.

Heinrich505

The 4th mission was very bloody, but I did eventually get a German surrender. Not many Americans left, but Stevens did survive. The 5th mission is a real challenge - it took a replay to get a total victory, but I got my hat handed to me on the first play. This is a well-crafted campaign, if you like a @#$#@# challenge. Mistakes will cost your dearly!

Hi guys I am still around and follow the threads from time to time. Just havent been able to devote any time to CM of any title for awhile. Lot of other projects and work happening. But glad to see people are still cussing my campaigns lol, even noticed a few on youtube from different titles. Maybe soon I can put something together for SF2.

On 3/28/2019 at 4:58 PM, dragonwynn said:

Hi guys I am still around and follow the threads from time to time. Just havent been able to devote any time to CM of any title for awhile. Lot of other projects and work happening. But glad to see people are still cussing my campaigns lol, even noticed a few on youtube from different titles. Maybe soon I can put something together for SF2.

If you just updated Heart of Darkness to be fully CMSF2 compliant that would be awesome! I still have never finished that 3rd scenario.  You know, the one assaulting into the village. 🤨

On 4/2/2019 at 12:49 PM, grunt_GI said:

If you just updated Heart of Darkness to be fully CMSF2 compliant that would be awesome! I still have never finished that 3rd scenario.  You know, the one assaulting into the village. 🤨

Ill see what I can do. Still got to get SF2 lol but soon hopefully

On 3/28/2019 at 1:58 PM, dragonwynn said:

Glad to see you're still around! Your custom campaigns have been tons of fun and any additional stuff would be most welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
11 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

This one (the second one in the thread above) is still working for just the cam file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbm6nm8ekz3a3f6/Fields of Tears.cam?dl=0

I overlooked that one. Thank you very much!

(Edit: The version with the combined and tagged mods would still be great to have.)

Edited by Sunbather

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, dragonwynn said:

Here is the link to the mods and latest cam. file

Many thanks indeed.  I have some enforced time off work next week so I now know what I'll be doing instead 😉

And no I haven't been 'a very naughty boy'.

EDIT: That's quite a download (1.6GB) but completed successfully in 2 minutes.  Thanks again!

The campaign itself may take a little longer and success may not be the outcome.

Edited by Vacillator

7 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Many thanks indeed.  I have some enforced time off work next week so I now know what I'll be doing instead 😉

And no I haven't been 'a very naughty boy'.

EDIT: That's quite a download (1.6GB) but completed successfully in 2 minutes.  Thanks again!

The campaign itself may take a little longer and success may not be the outcome.

Lol well I hope you enjoy my friend.

Just now, dragonwynn said:

Lol well I hope you enjoy my friend.

very nice thank you, and the mod seem to be also very  interresting I will check it in details home, this will change the "boring way" to the usual textures that I did alsways, and be more close to Lucky burned aspect objects !

JM

4 hours ago, dragonwynn said:

Great! 😎 Couldn´t play it on my old WinXP machine 2 years back, but with new machine now could give it a try finally! Wow! 1.6 GB download. But I´m prepared this time. Cheers