Stupid AI and Artillery Strikes

Gamma

I read somewhere that AI tweaks were added to help the AI avoid running into artillery strikes, yet that's all the AI seems to want to do.

9 times out of 10 a AI unit will run into the Artillery even if it's so close to reaching it's end point that would provide much better cover.

I often have to put PAUSE commands on guys even in buildings to get them to STOP running in the open when artillery hits.

FIX 

Before, the AI would sit there and just die. Now, it runs away...even if it shouldn't.

The knob had been too far to the left. It got adjusted too far to the right. BFC is aware of it and has their best knob twister doing whatever it is that knob twisters do.

I know of no tweak to keep the AI from running into Arty.  I am a little unsure of your first sentence in that it seems like what you are saying is if your infantry has a movement command and arty starts falling they will continue that movement command - but I'll assume for the moment it is.  It is unfortunately on you to watch for spotting rounds and provide the necessary direction that every 60 seconds you can.  Beyond that the AI is gonna try to do what you told them to until their morale tells them their commander has apparently not been paying attention.  If I am incorrect and what you meant to say was the AI would run out into arty in a sort of stupid panic as it seems to be what you are referring to in the last sentence, yes that is the issue that the pitchforks have been raised over and BF is having a look at.   It was an unintended consequences of an attempt to get the TAC AI to not just sit there while getting stonked by a mortar.  It was felt it was too easy to fight the AI as it would just sit there till the last guy bought the farm.

I'll clarify on the Moving command while under arty fire.

I have a full squad of guys running towards a building. 1 unit has made it inside the house, with the rest just behind his heals. Artillery lands on a tile next to the squad outside the house. The Unit PANICS and is now running back the way they came from into artillery fire. If a unit is in a house, or close to it, I feel that's the last thing they should be doing beside dying in a fire.

@Gamma Check out this thread. In it you will see the issue presented and discussed, as well as links to the threads where BFC has officially addressed the bug:

As others have stated, BFC knows of the issue and have said it is a top priority to fix. For now, you can either use the 'Pause' command to keep units from fleeing, or you can play version 3 until a patch is released for version 4.