Just bought this, will not run

Darmok54

Yikes.

For starters and future reference the user help forum is here: http://community.battlefront.com/forum/114-cm2-general-tech-support/

Lots of help gets dispensed in there. Having said that I do not recognize that problem. I would recommend contacting support by opening a ticket here (click the blue new ticket button): https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

1 minute ago, IanL said:

LOL after posting that I did a quick search and found that I responded to a similar post with a similar answer - so apparently I actually have read about that problem before. :)

Thanks, I had actually seen that post and don't have the offending program so still stuck. 

I figured it out! On the theory that, as with the other case, an audio program might be interfering, I closed Sonic Studio 2. Once I did that, it worked. So that was the interfering program. It must have indeed been interfering with the DRM since the demo worked with Sonic Studio 2 on. So if anyone else encounters this problem in the future, look for Sonic Studio 2 or similar audio management program. Sonic Studio 2 is an Asus program that came with my gaming computer so I suspect people with gaming PCs may be especially vulnerable to this problem (as with the aforementioned MSI issue).