CMII - 4.0 Engine Upgrade

JG53_Jaguar

Hi All,

I'm having hard time with activating the engine 4.0. I have bought Normandy when it was version 2.12. So I have license key for that, then I bought engine upgrade v3 and I have a license for that. Now I bought engine upgrade 4.0 and I have a license key for that. So I have downloaded the Normandy 4.0 full install and I can't seems to be able to activate my copy of Normandy. When I run the CM2 Normandy v4.0, I use the license key that came with the upgrade 4.0. Am I missing something ? The engine 4.0  I bought was the bundle one.

I also have Normandy Vehicle Pack,  Battle Pack 1,  Commonwealth Forces and Market Garden - all engine version 3; not sure how I will install these expansions.

thank you for your help!

UPDATE: After a few minutes, I was able to activate the Normandy v3 and that gave me access to Normandy 4.0 and commonwealth, now I need to figure out the Battle Pack 1, Market Garden and Vehicle Pack.

UPDATE2: Well, I managed to activate all the games and modules but I have to say activating licenses it's not exactly a straightforward easy process.

Edited by JG53_Jaguar

4 hours ago, JG53_Jaguar said:

UPDATE2: Well, I managed to activate all the games and modules but I have to say activating licenses it's not exactly a straightforward easy process.

Good news - glad to hear it.

Yeah, licensing sucks. All too often licensing is an obstacle for actual customers but only a speed bump for thieves.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't find the new licensing system hard at all - you open that little app in the folder, type in your S/N and it all works. And since the switch to 4.0, I didn't bother patching and upgrading the old games, I just downloaded the new one off the website and registered that. Or am I missing something?

It used to be a bit fiddly to register games, but in the last year (I've registered bought 3-4 upgrades in that time), it's very easy.

I would like to see more modules, too, but I think the 4.0 upgrade is nice - the AI certainly seems better, and the new squad behaviour, which makes it often unnecessary to split squads, makes the game much more playable. Those and the new casualty counting methodology make quite a difference IMO.

Wburn - You can purchase the 'Combat Mission 4 Upgrade Big Bundle (Windows)' to upgrade the games you got for US$25.00 for the download only version. With this purchase you should have access to the 'full installer' for each of the 4.0 versions of the games. So you could backup any in-progress, downloaded scenarios, mods, etc. and then completely uninstall/delete the current games that you have and reinstall them with these 'full installers'. They will have all of the current patches and content built-in. Anything that you have activated now should remain activated and you will just have to use the new license key (or possibly the '3.0' license key in some situations) to upgrade to 4.0.

When you download you will want the 'full installer', which is obviously larger. There are 'upgrade' installers that just apply the 4.0 Upgrade alone and require that everything be patched up to the current version prior to the 4.0 Upgrade.