Question - Reshade 3.0.8

Uninstall ReShade by removing the three opengl32* (ini, dll, log) files in your CMBS directory.

Does CMBS now work?

What OS are you on? (Win7, win10, Mac, etc)

What video card are you running? (AMD, Nvidia, etc)

FWIW, I use it on CMBN, CMSF, and CMBS running Win7(64bit) and Radeon 17.7.2 (HD 7800 Series) across many CM engine releases.

Absolutely love this utility!

I installed it on RT the other day. When I accessed it in game my camera began spinning in circles uncontrollably. It about made me sick even though the control panel with the settings stayed still. Then when I logged out back to the editor menu the mouse left permanent trails where ever it moved.

Mord.

On 11/20/2017 at 4:20 PM, Mord said:

I installed it on RT the other day. When I accessed it in game my camera began spinning in circles uncontrollably. It about made me sick even though the control panel with the settings stayed still. Then when I logged out back to the editor menu the mouse left permanent trails where ever it moved.

The spinning is annoying! On the v4 engine, that doesn't happen if you turn off the Screen Edge Camera Movement (Alt-E).

With the older games/engines - I hit the Conditions and then bring up the ReShade menu. No spinning and the black window showing scenario conditions  is small enough to provide a little uncluttered space to view the different shaders at work in game.

It's nice little utility which has really improved CMSF for me. Others on this board have produced stunning results!

On 11/22/2017 at 11:50 AM, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

SO how to get Reshade working with my CMBS? ANy idea?

I don't have v2.10 of CMBS but have it running with 1.03 (demo - v3 engine) and CMBS 2.0 (v4 engine).

Nothing special, run the installer, choose OpenGL. Choosing the DX9 or DX10 could explain the crashing...

You could also try the recently released ReShade 3.10 update. But, it should run either way as long as OpenGL is selected.

Not all the bundled shaders will compile which is normal. You can either go into the reshade-shaders/Shaders folder located where you have CMBS installed and delete them. Or, edit them in place to correct. You can even leave them if you don't mind your (ReShade) log showing errors.

You don't need more than a few of them to dramatically improve the visuals. Some, are also video card dependent. I stumbled across this late and used this topic posted by @carcer to get started. I would use his presets as they are known to work. Once you are stable, you can tweak as desired.

I still use his IUMask.png across the board but use different presets (and terrain) as visuals are subjective and very much to the eye of the beholder. I would give him kudos/thanks if such a thing was possible with the forum software.

I use an AMD/Radeon and have kept the in-game Shaders, Shadows and AA on. You would likely have better results with these off as I believe the thread I pointed you too states for Nvidia cards.

Good luck!

Edited by Howler