Kharkov Map Sneak Peak

13 hours ago, Léopold said:

It’s a fantastic job, I can’t wait to fight it  😀

Thanks!

Very nice work on your map, too! I think the community is going to really enjoy that one. 🙂

Quick status update on Khark:

I'm back on break, due to RL time demands and needing some time away from elevation-tweaking tediousness. I'm down to the last group of blocks. Alas, those are going to be rather a challenge. A doable one, but...the pain...oh, the pain. 🙃

I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get back on it, but I plan to have everything I can do on the map without CM:FR done when it hits.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As we eagerly await the coming of CMFR, here's a quick status update: I'm picking up the project again after a super-long break and am pecking away at what I can do without the new module materia

Lots more work to do on this, but... Sneak Peek:

Hey, guys. It's been awhile. I thought I'd drop a screenie and let everyone know that the project is alive and well -- if moving along rather slowly due to RL time demands. I had to take a long break

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Macisle said:

Thanks!

Very nice work on your map, too! I think the community is going to really enjoy that one. 🙂

Quick status update on Khark:

I'm back on break, due to RL time demands and needing some time away from elevation-tweaking tediousness. I'm down to the last group of blocks. Alas, those are going to be rather a challenge. A doable one, but...the pain...oh, the pain. 🙃

I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get back on it, but I plan to have everything I can do on the map without CM:FR done when it hits.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your work, I know that a map of this magnitude and history requires a colossal work.

7 hours ago, Léopold said:

Thank you.

Congratulations on your work, I know that a map of this magnitude and history requires a colossal work.

Thanks. It's been quite an adventure. The map isn't historical, though. It's largely a recreation of a section of modern Kharkov. At a certain point early on, I decided to generally recreate what I see on Google Street. My logic was that it could have been like that, and using that design method causes all sorts of interesting things to be created that would not happen otherwise, along with pushing the realism as far as it will go.

But, it's tactical realism, not historical realism. That's why I'm calling it Kharkiveskya ("Kharkiv-esque") and not Kharkov.

It is not easy to reproduce a city, I use vintage maps, but there are always elements that cannot be reproduced. However, it is possible to be quite precise. I think of the Ramadi map, I had a lot of fun using it.
I also created a map under cmfi, I will place some screens to show my work. Those who also want this card, I can send them.