To the Meuse!

I played the Kampfgruppe Peiper  campaign several months ago so my memory has faded,. I remember the last scenario the spearhead of my force was a couple of King Tigers. Anyway in the first few turns they were pelted with hundreds of hits from everything form .50 cal to 75mm etc, soon their optics were smashed and they were basically 70 ton hulks of useless steel, at least in the sense of helping me win the scenario. This experience has forever changed the way I see the "formidableness"  of the Tiger II.

It was kind of a "buzzkill" in other words :-(

Edited by J Bennett
word usage errors

1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Just started that campaign.....Didn't look quite that sexy on my rig.  :(

My rig is nothing special but I'm using some of Worg's terrain mods and on this particular battle BarbaricCo's Advanced War Movie mod. Are you playing in version 3.0 or 4.0? I'm playing it in version 3.0 as I find it harder and more realistic.

35 minutes ago, J Bennett said:

I played the Kampfgruppe Peiper  campaign several months ago so my memory has faded,. I remember the last scenario the spearhead of my force was a couple of King Tigers. Anyway in the first few turns they were pelted with hundreds of hits from everything form .50 cal to 75mm etc, soon their optics were smashed and they were basically 70 ton hulks of useless steel, at least in the sense of helping me win the scenario. This experience has forever changed the way I see the "formidableness"  of the Tiger II.

It was kind of a "buzzkill" in other words :-(

This battle is the one after that,  entitled 'To The Meuse!'

8 hours ago, Hilts said:

My rig is nothing special but I'm using some of Worg's terrain mods and on this particular battle BarbaricCo's Advanced War Movie mod. Are you playing in version 3.0 or 4.0? I'm playing it in version 3.0 as I find it harder and more realistic.

I'm running version 4.0.....I've learned to live with it.  ;)

Not using many mods at the moment, but seeing images like yours encourages me to try a few more.  B)

18 hours ago, Sasa Narinasa said:

You know what would be great?  An add-on that would let us play a what-if of Wacht am Rhein actually succeeding and German forces fighting their way to Antwerp!

There's nothing that stops you from doing that yourself with the mission editor. :)