Irratic Framerate Issue

Hister

I want to clarify that the more intensive tearing of the screen is perpetrated by te new drivers and not by the specialized OpenGl command. 

I previously said ingame Vertical synch set to on or off doesn't make any difference in frames but I now see it does, especially in the bigger scenarios. 

4 hours ago, Hister said:

I want to clarify that the more intensive tearing of the screen is perpetrated by te new drivers and not by the specialized OpenGl command. 

I previously said ingame Vertical synch set to on or off doesn't make any difference in frames but I now see it does, especially in the bigger scenarios. 

I've noticed more screen tearing with newest Nvidia drivers too. Haven't found a workaround yet :(

For some reason it seem even more noticable in the editor.

11 minutes ago, Hister said:

Ah so it's not only me eh. Good to know. Thank you for the report. Is there a way to install old drivers back again?

Not a tech wiz, but try to find an old driver at Nvidia's homepage and do a clean install (there are instructions how to do that). Tell me how it works.

• 4 months later...

FWIW

I d/l fraps and just did a little test.

AMD 8350 - Gigabyte 990fxa UD3 - 16Gb RAM - Nvidia  GTX 1050ti 4Gb 391.01.

Ran a huge CMBN battle All options on and at highest settings - fps avg 10-20.

Same battle VS off - fps no higher than 25.

VS off Balanced fps 25-30.

just on this simple test I'm staying with these settings - loaded a tiny battle fps avg above 60.

Just my .02

• 1 month later...

For years I played the CM series on an  i5 2500k , overclocked to 4.7Ghz., 16GB RAM.

I have had a GTX 580, a GTX 680, a GTX 980, and a GTX 1080.  Changing the GPU has never made a jot of difference to frame rates.  No surprise there, to me, but it is worth spelling out - if your GPU is reasonably modern, CPU core speed is everything for CM frame rates.

Latterly my test scenario was CMBS Ambush, playing as Ukraine, graphics on Best.  On the GTX 1080, scrolling around at ground level or slightly higher, I would get around 20FPS at worst.  It would be lower than this if I turned on shadows, which are a killer for FPS.

I recently migrated to a i5 8600k , overclocked to 5.0 Ghz, 16GB RAM, still using the GTX 1080.

FPS in that scenario, scrolling around the scenery beside the Ukrainian convoy, graphics at Best, no shadows, FPS are about 35 at worst.

So if you are swithering about a new CPU, now might be the time.  For the first time I am finding performance to be basically ok.

Unfortunately, I am getting the crash after 40 mins issue that others are experiencing.

I recognize that scenario from the screenshot. Its a beast. Its not at all typical of the scale the game is usually played at. Even 'huge' battles are usually half the size of that particular scenario. Game performance should not be critiqued at the *outer fringe* of game capability. That's like complaining about a car's handling over 130 mph when the speed limit is only 70.