Another reason for a centralized Forum...

1 hour ago, Wolfseven said:

this is very awesome, welcome news! now I only wish Shadow play worked with openGL, but alas it doesn't. it lags the hell out of the game.

shadowplay works for me,i can take screenshots en record with it just as long as i dont open the overlay.

2 hours ago, CarlWAW said:

Not even simple things to implement (like reversing AFVs when facing a deadly threat when a hide-command is activated)

I think the 'hide' command for vehicles doesn't mean actually hiding the vehicle but rather that they just turn off the engine - making it more difficult to hear it.

Hide command would've been more logical if it made the tank take the closest hulldown position (e.g. the closest decline in the ground within, say, 100m radius if present), while retaining facing. Can add a condition 'if it spots the enemy tank' too. Can be a life savior in WEGO

Works really well in Steel Beasts Pro where AI driver finds a good position like that himself

2 hours ago, rocketman said:

Great info. One question: will Rome to Victory include Dragoon and beyond?

Fortress Italy was always focused on Sicily and mainland Italy, so I'd be very surprised. However, it's probably safe to assume that you'll find most of the core building blocks to protray at least some of that, assuming the vegetation and architecture is more mediterranean in that area.

Great to see all the new content that is in the works. Yet I am just a very casual player and have not even finished a single campaign in any of the games yet...  Personally I am more interested in improvements to the game engine (especially for use in quick battles) compared to more late war content. CMSF2 is a very exciting prospect in that regard. I assume it will feature the quick battle unit selection dialog and some more agressive quick battle AI.

At the delayed release of CMFI engine 4, it was hinted that there were some unit data fixes that could be applied to CMBN as well, in a patch. Then maybe tune the unit behaviour under artillery/mortar fire, especially for the CMFI gameplay.  Is such a patch still planned? 

7 hours ago, IICptMillerII said:

Any news about tweaks to the current 4.0 upgrade, regarding AI behavior?

This. None of the new content means a thing to me until I know I can enjoy playing the CM titles I already have. Reluctantly, I've shelved them and gone back to board wargaming until I know the documented problems with 4.0 have been fixed. But I still have hope and keep an eye to these boards to check back from time to time.

Any bones for us in this area?

wooohooo...very excited about CMSF2...I still play CMSF a LOT as there is so much user content...glad to hear that porting that content is a priority!

AND, most important of ALL...it will be great to be able to play QB using the upgraded engine and not have to deal with the goofy force selections of QBs in CMSF1.

Taking on two companies of T-72s with a bunch of CFV Styrkers was never really appealing.  :D

Also pretty excited about ginormous Berlin maps for some serious MOUT in 1945.  I'm sure some of our campaign gurus will love those.

So IRT other questions, wonder if there could be a universal patch to fix the anomalies with the ENG 4 infantry behaviors?  I am not the best to critique those as I usually do dumb things with my infantry anyway :unsure: but I have occasionally noticed a tendency to bug out rather than take cover.

Lots of questions, but I'll try to give a few short answers:

1.  Dragon is not part of Rome to Victory, but as mentioned it should be easy to simulate the battles with the new forces

2.  Yes, Waffen SS and rag-tag forces will be available for the Red Thunder Module

3.  Game engine development is always separate from any one specific title's development.  Yes, there will be patches for the current suite of Engine 4 games, though I don't know when.  The unintended consequence of the reactive bombardment TacAI feature of Engine 4 is definitely top on our list

4.  New game features, such as persistent map damage, is something for an Upgrade.  Though this particular feature has been previously shelved for various reasons

5.  CMSF2 will not be expanded in its initial release.  We're leaving open the possibility of adding content later.  However, we also have no plans to do so

6.  CMBS jumped ahead of others with its own Battle Pack, but is owed a Module.  We've been doing them in order of release and that means CMBS is theoretically next after CMRT.  Marines are an obvious selection for the first Module and the work being done for CMSF2 is going to pave the way for that to happen

Steve

Quoting your fotress italy christmas bone post

"An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point. "

Could you tell us what happened to this pack?

16 minutes ago, Battlefront.com said:

3.  Game engine development is always separate from any one specific title's development.  Yes, there will be patches for the current suite of Engine 4 games, though I don't know when.  The unintended consequence of the reactive bombardment TacAI feature of Engine 4 is definitely top on our list

Excellent! Beyond overjoyed from hearing this!

Knowing this, I will definitely be buying all the new modules and CMSF2 when they are released. With the bug, I was hesitant to buy more content, as right now I find 3.0 much more enjoyable to play. 

Thanks for the update! Very much looking forward to all the upcoming releases!

1 minute ago, Miller786 said:

"An Elite Forces Pack that includes such things as Commandos and 1st Special Service Force. This would be a pretty small Pack, and may just get rolled into something else. Details are murky at this point. "

Could you tell us what happened to this pack?

Details are still murky at this point :D .  The delay of Rome to Victory certainly pushed back anything else CMFI related.  We have other Packs for other Families we'd like to do as well.  The bone list was not meant to be 100% of what we have planned, only what is on the immediate horizon.

Steve

I know that always in the past you refused to jump to the Pacific front. Reading your short-term plans, I know that it wouldn't be soon but, are there chances for this project in the future?

PD. This thread ia a great idea, you intensified my hype with the projects explanation, thanks Steve.

Would a Partisan/UnCon/Special Forces pack that has components for ALL the CM2 games be possible?  The more games you own, the more value you get from the pack.

All of the games would benefit from unconventional forces IMHO, they add a vast new range of scenario possibilities and the game engine is particularly good at these small unit skirmishes.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

BF is alive and well.

Its good to hear some news as to upcoming releases.

CMSF II really excites me and will really pay off for you as it takes my money. Did not get the first version because of all the issues, so it will all be new content for me, that will be way more than I likely will ever get to.

CMBS has become my favorite game in the series, so I can see CMSF moving high on my list also.