Safe to Apply ver 4.0?

db_zero

I just gt a new SSD drive so reinstalled all my Combat Missions. I had PBEM games in RT and BS so I  had to upgrade back to ver 4.0 as that what we started the games on. After reading all the comments on Fortress Italy I'm just going to stay on Ver 3.0 for CMFI\Gustav Line

I'm now on ver 1.0 for CMFB.

Does ver 4.0 on FB have the same behavior that is causing a lot of comments in Italy? Mainly infantry fleeing to easily and running back and forth?

46 minutes ago, db_zero said:

I just gt a new SSD drive so reinstalled all my Combat Missions. I had PBEM games in RT and BS so I  had to upgrade back to ver 4.0 as that what we started the games on. After reading all the comments on Fortress Italy I'm just going to stay on Ver 3.0 for CMFI\Gustav Line

Does ver 4.0 on FB have the same behavior that is causing a lot of comments in Italy? Mainly infantry fleeing to easily and running back and forth?

Yes, I would say so.

But I don't see it as a flaw. On first sight, it's just different. You can get used to it, like to other changes in life. Adapt your tactics.

There is, of course, the question of realism. Was it more realistic before, or is it now? I don't know...

Ah, and your Pixel troops don't run "back and forth". When they run, they run for good and return quite shattered, if they return

Edited by StieliAlpha

3 hours ago, db_zero said:

I would recommend staying at game engine 3 for now. The bugs in the TacAI logic make the game infuriating at times to play, and at the least it just becomes a massive headache. If you would like to see for yourself, I made a thread and a video discussing the current issues with v4 in the CMRT forum that I'll link here for your convenience. Take a look and see what you think.