Re-download, re-install and update: advice please

Bahger

Hi gents.  I need to redownload, update and reinstall CMBS.  I have figured how to access my original license key and download files but before I plunge in, can someone please advise re. the following:

i.  My original purchase of "CMBS 1.03 Full Windows" shows up as 8 files, many with .brz suffixes plus .bin and .exe files.  Do I download all of these to a folder and then just let the installer do its work?  And will I get the option to install to my E: drive?

ii. I have forgotten how to update this game.  Obviously I want to get from 1.03 to the latest version (2.10, I believe); what is the best way to do this?

Many thanks.  I have an ability to mess this kind of stuff up so I'd appreciate advice.

Sorry I saw this yesterday but got distracted before answering and then forgot.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:36 PM, Bahger said:

ii. I have forgotten how to update this game.  Obviously I want to get from 1.03 to the latest version (2.10, I believe); what is the best way to do this?

Forget item 'i' just do the above. After you purchase the v4 update you will have access to the all in one installer for CMBS if you download that installer it will do everything needed to install CMBS 2.00. You will have a few choices available to you: you want to pick the "CM Black Sea 2.00 full Windows" or "CM Black Sea 2.00 full MacOS" as appropriate. Run that installer and enter your upgrade key (I think you need your 1.0 key too).

After that you an purchase the battle pack (link is for windows): http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=625&category_id=39&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

or download the patch from here: http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=335&Itemid=579 (on the left look for a link called "Combat Mission: Black Sea (PC) 2.10 All-inclusive")

Either one of those will update the game to v2.10.