Converting 4.0 to 3.0

Having upgraded all my games to 4.0 what's the quickest and easiest way of getting the previous version back on my PC and can battles/campaigns that have been started in 4.0 be resumed in 3.0?

Edited by Hilts

I asked Battlefront the same question. Here is the answer:

To revert your games to the pre-4.0 version, install the last patch before the Upgrade was available. This will revert the game to the previous version. Here is what they are:

CMBN: v3.12

CMFI: v1.12

CMFB: v1.02

CMRT: v1.03

It worked for CMBN, but not for CMFI. I had to reinstall it. I have not tried the other two.

The quickest way is to do the full installers for 3.0, if they are still available, and install them. Choose a different directory so you have both installed if you like.

I do not believe that a 4.0 save will work with 3.12. I am unsure if the program will prevent it from loading so you can try. Personally I think the odds are against it working.

Going forward, the best way to keep an older version of a CMx2 game is to copy the current install version in another directory before any updates (a good default practice before doing any application upgrades), then apply the upgrade.  The result will be two (2) versions of the game on your computer.  You can create seperate desktop icons from each ".exe" file and you can configure CMHelper to point to each separate ".exe".  In my case, I have CMBN v3.12 in one directory and CMBN v4.00 in another.  This allows H2H play against opponents who may not have upgraded.

On 12.8.2017 at 7:09 PM, Hilts said:

Thanks for the prompt replies lads. You are correct Ian. The older version of the game does not recognise the newer version saved game file.

You can have both version on one computer.

I made a copy of CMBN V3.12 and renamed it before the upgrade and then upgraded the "original" installation.