Mad 'Merican MOUT

Some contrasting scenes from the city centre:

QdtSnNQ.jpg

Business as usual at 'The Fayke News Corporation'.....Headlines:  NATO claim 'Mission Accomplished' in the campaign against OSIRIS in Ramadi!   :ph34r:

Meanwhile:

X8SmlkC.jpg

All is tranquil in the community garden behind the 'White House Covfefe Shop'.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

14 hours ago, LongLeftFlank said:

HAH!!!  I remember that one.  In fact, I have a stack of Bloom County books I can't part with despite not reading them in ages.  I also have a life sized scale stuffed Bill The Cat that survived my college years and is still kicking around somewhere.

And with that said... guys, let's let the artwork speak and keep the politics out of it.  I think we all know where this could go and that isn't a good place.

Steve

Cheers guys, as I said, this is intended to be a light-hearted parody and also an opportunity to try out Blue on Blue, nothing more.....It's also a learning exercise for CM:SF2.  Quite a lot of work has gone into this already, so I'd really rather not see the thread locked because someone has a humour breakdown. 

Once the first map (Trumpton) is complete I'll turn out a 2p HTH (only) scenario, 'The Trumpton Riots' and then take a look at what I can do with some AI scripting.....It should be a bit easier than Mosul, but I sure wish I had some Uncons to work with!  ;)

13 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Cheers guys, as I said, this is intended to be a light-hearted parody and also an opportunity to try out Blue on Blue, nothing more.....It's also a learning exercise for CM:SF2.  Quite a lot of work has gone into this already, so I'd really rather not see the thread locked because someone has a humour breakdown. 

Once the first map (Trumpton) is complete I'll turn out a 2p HTH (only) scenario, 'The Trumpton Riots' and then take a look at what I can do with some AI scripting.....It should be a bit easier than Mosul, but I sure wish I had some Uncons to work with!  ;)

Uncons for CMBS would be very cool.  Some mods were made for Separatists.  I wonder if it would be possible to make a uncon mod with dudes running around in civilian clothes and / or a mix of military & civilian clothes.     

Also after CMSF2 is released and the uncon, IED, VBIED, spies are at the 4.0 standard maybe it would be worthwhile for BFC to include them in CMBS in some future CMBS module................ 

Edited by MOS:96B2P

• 4 months later...

They are a mod from @Kieme(ITA), there should be a link on the first page of this thread....Once they're installed the cars can be found in Vehicle Flavour Object slot 2, 3 & 4.  He does a few wrecked military vehicles too, these wind up in slot 5, 6 & 7, I've used almost all of them on this map.  B)

BTW, if you are going to start adding flavour objects to your CM:BS stuff in a major way you NEED the .pdf file from this thread (final Dropbox link still works):

Trying to do it without will drive you gibbling mad!  :blink:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

26 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

They are a mod from @Kieme(ITA), there should be a link on the first page of this thread....Once they're installed the cars can be found in Vehicle Flavour Object slot 2, 3 & 4.  He does a few wrecked military vehicles too, these wind up in slot 5, 6 & 7, I've used almost all of them on this map.  B)

BTW, if you are going to start adding flavour objects to your CM:BS stuff in a major way you NEED the .pdf file from this thread (final Dropbox link still works):

Trying to do it without will drive you gibbling mad!  :blink:

Thanks, I downloaded that guide.  Will be very helpful.  Probably one reason I didn't do many flavor objects on my map.  It was too much to figure out what was what.  Still have more than enough functional type things to figure out with the editor and map making.

@Sgt.Squarehead - presumably all of the action on this map will take place on a Friday or Saturday night from anytime after 2330 hrs outside the Fire and Fury Persian Kebab House? I'm thinking that the bus shelters and the front window of the Kebab House are 'Destroy' terrain objectives. Now if the Target Light command covered urination, then there are all sorts of opportunities for that fountain.

Funnily enough.....Yup I'm serious!  :lol:

The Kebab House (& its Iranian owners) are one of two targets for the fury of the Reds in the first Blue single player scenario idea (the other is the Lil'Rocket-Man Korean Grill at the other end of town).  :D

The player will have to rush his Strykers through the streets of Trumpton to prevent bloodshed (Well, civilian bloodshed at any rate!  :P).....Let's hope those 'Confederate' loons didn't steal any Javelins from the stores before they all went AWOL!  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

OK, not gonna lie, I want this...for CMBS, or CMSF2...OR GASP...BOTH...in order to have some really excellent Blue on Blue...like the ol' Twilight 2000 campaign someone made for CMSF1.  You could have a whole campaign on this map....

Great work....

There's a Wal-Mart building there somewhere right?  😎

32 minutes ago, grunt_GI said:

There's a Wal-Mart building there somewhere right?  😎

It's probably in the Mall.  ;)

The map is essentially done, all the buildings are configured, I'm just adding Flavour Objects for the fun of it.....Hopefully a few of the things I've done around the map should trigger a laugh or two, they're not always obvious, you will have to look around.

Here's an overview of the map showing all the named locations:

RqvD5bo.jpg

There are also a few hidden locations that the player can discover including, 'Uncle Enzo's Pizzeria Cosa Nostra'** (Just cos' the posters are cool!  B)

PS - There are actually three maps in the series, Trumpton, Chigley & Camberwick Green, all based on stock CM:BS maps, each mutilated to a greater or lesser extent in order to satisfy my perverse desires (my sincere apologies to the original creators).  :P

** 'The Family Pizza Company'.....Hidden Preserve Objective for both sides, 1000pts (Don't mess with the Mob!  :ph34r:)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead