Putin seems to be incrementally taking over Georgia

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Apocal,

You've been here more than long enough to know exactly what I can and can't, do and don't talk about, as well as why. Now, by "more than long enough" I mean longer than I've been here, which was January 2000! Consequently, you've seen what went down and what was directly asked of me by Steve regarding certain topics. I have rigorously, oft at considerable cost to myself, honored his request. To impute, therefore,  I'm trying, at considerable risk to my ability to stay on the Forums, to slip a verboten post past is untrue, insulting and outrageous. Evidently, what was said, in an article I certainly didn't create, has upset you, but it's your job as an adult to address that properlyand not slam me. I look forward to your public apology when I get done showing you and everyone else just how real the basis was for that article.

I'm not upset. I read your opening post and didn't have an opinion on it when posted. I wasn't (and am not) saying in this case what you're posting is bull, I was just relating the history of why some posters (including, but not limited to Squarehead) are rather short with you. On deeper review, the article is just an article to me; it has some merits but I don't find it compelling enough to form an opinion one way or another, given that there is a hysterical material published about Russia on a regular basis. I don't think it is outright conspiracy. But that isn't worthwhile enough to be read in a general thread where absolutely no-one asked for my non-opinion on the matter.

As for slipping back into conspiracy theories:

On 2/2/2017 at 11:26 AM, John Kettler said:

It failed, as well, to account for wide scale employment of PSYOPS tech of the most revolutionary and highly classified sort

I don't mind as much as other people, but come on...

I wish we had functioning mind control. I would have used it on my boss to get out of working parties.

Edited by Apocal

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apocal,

Appreciate your explanation. As for the PSYOPs piece, suggest you read this. Italics mine

http://www.lambros.name/profreedom/mumcw_jw.html

(Fair Use)

MILITARY USE OF MIND CONTROL WEAPONS

by Judy Wall 

from an article in Nexus magazine October/November 1998

PSY-OPS WEAPONRY USED IN THE PERSIAN GULF WAR

"Governments deny the existence of military devices that can alter brain waves and emotions, and so they have no official controls over how these technologies are deployed"

For years rumours have persisted that the United States Department of Defence has been engaged in research and development of ultra-sophisticated mind-altering technology. Confirmation of this came to me recently in the form of two ITV News Bureau Ltd (London) wire service bulletins. 

The March 23, 1991 newsbrief, "High-tech Psychological Warfare Arrives in the Middle East", describes a US Psychological Operations (PsyOps) tactic directed against Iraqi troops in Kuwait during Operation Desert Storm. The manoeuvre consisted of a system in which subliminal mind-altering technology was carried on standard radio-frequency broadcasts. The March 26, 1991 newsbrief states that among the standard military planning groups in the centre of US war planning operations at Riyadh was "an unbelievable and highly classified PsyOps program utilising 'silent sound' techniques".

(Later, this is made authoritatively explicit).

MIND CONTROL WITH SILENT SOUNDS 

The mind-altering mechanism is based on a subliminal carrier technology: the Silent Sound Spread Spectrum (SSSS sometimes called "S-quad" or "Squad". It was developed by Oliver Lowery of Norcross, Georgia, and is described in Patent #5,159,703, "Silent Subliminal Presentation System", dated, October 27, 1992. The abstract for the patent reads: 

"A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low or very high audio-frequency range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum are amplitude- or frequency modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or acoustically, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones or piezoelectric transducers. The modulated carriers may be transmitted directly in real time or may be conveniently recorded and stored on mechanical, magnetic, or optical media for delayed or repeated transmission to the listener." 

According to literature by Silent Sounds, Inc., it is now possible, using supercomputers, to analyse human emotional EEG patterns and replicate them, then store these "emotion signal clusters" on another computer and, at will, "silently induce and change the emotional state in a human being". 

Silent Sounds, Inc. states that it is interested only in positive emotions, but the military is not so limited. That this is a US Department of Defence project is obvious. 

Edward Tilton, President of Silent Sounds, Inc., says this about S-quad in a letter dated December 13, 1996: 

"All schematics, however, have been classified by the Government and we are not allowed to reveal the exact detail ...we make tapes and CDs for the German Government, even former Soviet Union countries! All with the permission of the State Department, of course... The system was used throughout Operation Desert Storm (Iraq) quite successfully."

Regards,

John Kettler

On 7/26/2017 at 6:33 AM, kraze said:

There's also no russian border between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Since when did that stop russians?

Stop Russians from what exactly? Russia has good relations with both Armenia and Azerbaijan and its national interest call for peaceful coexistence of those two states, which they have already proven on numerous occasions. And there are certainly no Russian servicemen in Karabakh.  Where exactly do you get your information from?

On 7/27/2017 at 7:24 AM, kraze said:

Oh them Evil ukrainian paramilitary groups that nobody has seen that make bad things! Yet somehow it's russian troops who suddenly ended up occupying Transnistria with not a single ukrainian in sight.

I honestly don't know anything about Ukrainian paramilitaries participating in that conflict; but as an interesting side note - Ukrainian armed forces had in fact conducted their first combat operation in Transnestria. It was a result of a small action by 8th Spetsnaz Brigade that had secured one of the strategic bridges close to the border.

7 hours ago, John Kettler said:

My what a fascinating turn things have taken here. Business Insider picked up and reported on this story from, not some neo-Nazi or neocon, site but  Yahoo UK! If you don't believe me, here's the link.

@John Kettler, gimme a break... The first article is TWO YEARS OLD (Jul, 2015). Then all of a sudden the story goes to the top of Yahoo news listing right before the Georgian election :lol: I have guys sitting in the office who're paid to push any piece of content in Google, Yahoo or whatever. It's used to peddle benign commercial stuff but politics would be even cheaper - less competition.

2 minutes ago, IMHO said:

@John Kettler, gimme a break... The first article is TWO YEARS OLD (Jul, 2015). Then all of a sudden the story goes to the top of Yahoo news listing right before the Georgian election :lol: I have guys sitting in the office who're paid to push any piece of content in Google, Yahoo or whatever. It's used to peddle benign commercial stuff but politics would be even cheaper - less competition.

Agreed. I also think that some people are not considering the fact that every self-respecting country employs services of PR firms whose direct responsibility is to push such content to news outlets.

@John Kettler, just to add a funny angle at the journalistic world of nowadays. https://www.buzzfeed.com/stevenperlberg/how-a-pulitzer-winning-new-york-times-story-pulled-from-a?utm_term=.mfq0p1qLm#.mj330pRgb NYT reporter finds two articles in a Russian language media outlet, alters the wording and, bingo, gets Pulitzer for a "breakthrough reporting"... :lol: To his astonishment Russians read NYT as well so a scandal flares up... And what is the outcome? NYT says everything was fine since the reporter personally checked all the facts given in the Russian text (albeit with no more than the sources he took from the original) and the confirmations emails he received differed in wording :lol: That's bloody high standards of journalism! :lol: FYI: both the article and the Russian media are very anti-Putin...

Edited by IMHO

Presumably we'll be reading pieces like this about Germany fairly soon, as they've just threatened to sanction the US.....Expect to see articles in US media pointing out Angela Merkel's Stasi background before too long.  :lol:

19 hours ago, sid_burn said:

But starting your comment off by calling someone naïve and ill-informed, then complaining that it ruins the welcoming aspect of the forum is a bit hypocritical. Its like when Russia condemns the Americans for bombing a hospital in Syria, shortly before glassing a couple of hospitals filled with gas victims. 

Kindly provide supporting evidence for your claim that Russia launched a chemical attack on a hospital.....Optionally don't make such ridiculous statements.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

22 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Presumably we'll be reading pieces like this about Germany fairly soon, as they've just threatened to sanction the US.....Expect to see articles in US media pointing out Angela Merkel's Stasi background before too long.  :lol:

Kindly provide supporting evidence for your claim that Russia launched a chemical attack on a hospital.....Optionally don't make such ridiculous statements.  ;)

Well, I don't know where you got the chemical part from, but its well known that Russia has bombed Syrian hospitals before and will likely continue to do so. But, hey since I guess they aren't "chopping heads" you don't consider it all that barbaric. ;)

20 minutes ago, sid_burn said:

Well, I don't know where you got the chemical part from,

That would be this:

20 hours ago, sid_burn said:

Its like when Russia condemns the Americans for bombing a hospital in Syria, shortly before glassing a couple of hospitals filled with gas victims.

I assumed you meant 'gassing' as I can't really visualise the Russians taking a pint-pot into battle with them.  :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Rinaldi said:

Oh dear Squarehead, slips like that make my day. I pray you never find yourself being cross-examined ! :D

Huh?  :huh:

Not sure I slipped there fella, I do actually read the posts you know.  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

9 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

That would be this:

I assumed you meant 'gassing' as I can't really visualise the Russians taking a pint-pot into battle with them.  :rolleyes:

Huh?  :huh:

"Glassing" means to bomb an area beyond recognition. To be honest I guess it's a bit unfair to the Russians, they tend to leave areas pretty recognizable after they bomb them. For example, usually when the Russians bomb an area in Syria you can pretty easily recognize that it was a civilian area with no military value :)

Anyways, this thread has gotten really off-topic, time to take my leave. 

Edited by sid_burn

Have to say that's a new one on me.....In my part of the world it means being a total douchebag in a pub-fight.

You do seem to have a bit of a polarity issue sid, or are you suggesting that it's only Russia that f***s up in war.....Pretty confident the population of Mosul, Falluja, Ramadi etc. etc. etc. would thoroughly disagree.  :mellow:

22 minutes ago, Mishrae said:

It's not like the Russians have a history of doing stuff like this <_<

They are very far from alone there. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

4 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Have to say that's a new one on me.....In my part of the world it means being a total douchebag in a pub-fight.

You do seem to have a bit of a polarity issue sid, or are you suggesting that it's only Russia that f***s up in war.....Pretty confident the population of Mosul, Falluja, Ramadi etc. etc. etc. would thoroughly disagree.  :mellow:

They are very far from alone there. 

I never mentioned anyone else 

7 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Nope, just the Russians.....That seems to be a widespread problem these days and it's utterly ridiculous.  "Look at what the Russians are up to!" has become the universal method of distracting attention from one's own culpability, it's pathetic.  :mellow:

You admit that the Russians do it, then?

Not 100% sure what 'it' is, if you are going to attempt to cross-examine me you will have to be a little more precise.  :D

But if you mean 'Do hospitals/schools etc. get hit in war, especially in an urban scenario?'  Of course they do.....It's a sad fact of life, I've even tried to depict it in my own CM:SF scenarios. 

It's when we start trying to assign intent that we run into a problem, 'possibly it's deliberate' or 'possibly it isn't'.  Looking at it objectively I tend to think that neither side would actually be so stupid (assuming we accept that such actions are counterproductive) and that those with an agenda are very probably using these issues to their advantage.....This cuts both ways, look at how various media groups covered the (equally tragic) bombings of hospitals in Kabul and Aleppo.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

6 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Do hospitals/schools etc. get hit in war, especially in an urban scenario?  Of course they do.  It's a sad fact of life, I've even tried to depict it in my own CM:SF scenarios. 

It's when we start trying to assign intent that we run into a problem, 'possibly it's deliberate' or 'possibly it isn't'.  Looking at it objectively I tend to think that neither side would actually be so stupid (assuming we accept that such actions are counterproductive) and that those with an agenda are very probably using these issues to their advantage.....This cuts both ways, look at how various media groups covered the (equally tragic) bombings of hospitals in Kabul and Aleppo.

know, I hate how Russia Today has covered the conflict, making it even more blatant that they are an arm of Moscow

And those with an alternative perspective could make an equally heartfelt and equally valid claim about countless western media including the BBC.....So with the issue of partisanship out of the way, can we just get on with dealing with the facts, whatever they actually were (the article that triggered all this was pretty thin on those IIRC, hence my problem with it in the first place).  ;)

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

well just quickly let's get back to your quote for a second "look at how various media groups covered the (equally tragic) bombings of hospitals in Kabul and Aleppo."
Now let's check the responses of both nations
Kabul US: "Yeah we seem to have done this, sorry we will investigate fully."
Aleppo RU: "No we didn't **** off."
Also does that 'alternative perspective' refer to the perspective one has when flying a Russian jet over a hospital?

Edited by Mishrae

I see no facts, show me the links.....I suspect if you investigate thoroughly you might find things are other than you imagine.  ;)

Remember, this doesn't mean just finding the first article on Google that supports your preconceived assumption, rather it means looking at all the sources and making a judgement based on the weight of evidence and  balance of probability.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

42 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

are you suggesting that it's only Russia that f***s up in war.....Pretty confident the population of Mosul, Falluja, Ramadi etc. etc. etc. would thoroughly disagree.  :mellow:

There's a bit of a difference between civilian targets getting hit by mistake as you conduct operations in urban terrain against insurgents, and burning a city to ash block by block with zero regard for anyone in the target zone as revenge for getting ****ed up the last time you tried to take it.

The difference in how Americans and Russians conduct urban operations is in the difference between Cordon & Search and Cordon & Smerch, so to say.

:^)

6 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

And those with an alternative perspective could make an equally heartfelt and equally valid claim about countless western media including the BBC

So they could.

They'd be wrong, but they could definitely make that claim.

15 hours ago, Apocal said:

Just as background, Kettler likes to peddle conspiracy theory nonsense of the sort very few would find credible or even plausible. We're talking straight up mind control rays, the Poles sending a full division into the Ukraine to fight Russia, the clandestine use of nuclear weapons being used in irregular warfare, etc. He has been told not to do it but every so often tries to slip it back into his other posting. A lot of people get annoyed by it, so that hostility isn't just coming out of nowhere.

dont forget the Nazis used a VBIED nuke at the battle of Kursk in 1943...

(yes that was a real thread by him)