HQS 2.6 Sound Mod

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:32 PM, Erwin said:

Duh... I do have HQS 2.6 downloaded in my CMFB downloads folder.  However, I could not figure out how to open a .man file/folder.  So it wasn't in my Z folder.

What does one use to open .man files?

I used 7-Zip to decompress/extract the Files, but you can use other similar programs like WinRAR.

Edited by JoMc67

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

My 7zFM won't extract.  Is that not the same as 7-Zip?  (It came from the 7-Zip folder.)  Apologies for my ignorance but are there different versions?

Actually, don't open the 7-Zip folder itself to use 7zFM to extract...

Just use mouse and hover over one of the HQS Folders, then right click mouse and scroll down to you find 7-Zip, then click on it and again you will scroll down to either 'Extract Files' or Extract Files Here' (something like that), click on one to extract files.

Doesn't work.  I found this:  "What is a man file and how do I open a man file?  The MAN file extension is used for a Unix Manual that is implemented by Unix Systems Programming.  It is actually an introduction to the use of Unix with focus on techniques and principles.  Users should have basic knowledge with C program and familiarity with Linux or Unix operating systems."

I don't have any experience with C programming, Linux or or Unix OS.  :(      I make an effort to never mess with stuff like this when I don't understand what I am doing.  Any way you or someone could make available or send me ordinary zipped files (or unzipped)? 

(Am baffled why after using regular HQS zipped files for years, suddenly .man was used for 2.6.)