CMRT Campaign: Zitadelle: Totenkopf's March to Prokhorovka

Yeah, not sure why it didn't work.  I hadn't used it before, but with every CMRT scenario that I tried it on, it only spit out one scenario, and none of the fancy campaign branches, etc.  

No big deal but I would like to include the various maps in my map DB (see link in my sig).

Here is the updated campaign file for this campaign. It corrects the following:

1. Took out the on board mortars in the first mission Hill 218 due targeting issues. The FO's and HQ's should be able to connect with the off board mortars and artillery without out of contact issues.

2. Some minior AI adjustments in the last mission, mainly some enemy setup adjustments.

None of these changes are game breaking issues so if you want to continue with the orginal .cam hopefully all will be good. I have not heard much feedback so not sure of any other issues.

Here is the link to the new .cam and mod folder combo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35pmpdai77pkdc1/Zitadelle.zip?dl=0

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

I think one of the mods for this campaign causes an issue with the default model for the StuG III G (Early), the roadwheels appear to be drawn (bigly) on the schurzen.  The problem went away when I removed the campaign mods.

FWIW

Thats possible as I use Aris mods for my vehicles

• 1 month later...

IanL, there is a drop box link right on this forum page.

On 9/5/2017 at 12:59 PM, dragonwynn said:

Here is the updated campaign file for this campaign. It corrects the following:

1. Took out the on board mortars in the first mission Hill 218 due targeting issues. The FO's and HQ's should be able to connect with the off board mortars and artillery without out of contact issues.

2. Some minior AI adjustments in the last mission, mainly some enemy setup adjustments.

None of these changes are game breaking issues so if you want to continue with the orginal .cam hopefully all will be good. I have not heard much feedback so not sure of any other issues.

Here is the link to the new .cam and mod folder combo.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/35pmpdai77pkdc1/Zitadelle.zip?dl=0

Michael

45 minutes ago, RCE_Spr said:

IanL, there is a drop box link right on this forum page.

Yes, thank you. At the moment the CM scan tool does not work with CM Shock Force so there are no CMSF scenarios on my listing site. Regardless I also do not include scenarios that have been shared via dropbox - only officially shared scenarios from the scenario depot, the blitz or the old BFC repository. If another site was created to store scenarios I'll happily update to include it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:01 AM, dragonwynn said:

So anyone played this thing and if so any thoughts...good, bad or ugly.

I just completed the first mission - thank you for the excellent work on this. 

SPOILERS

I sent my infantry up the cleared corridors as others have done. I setup my HMG's to cover my approach to the trench line and bunkers and this seemed to work well. The HMG's really did a nice job of pinning down and carving up the Russian infantry as I approached. Once the trench lines were cleared out I sent in the pioneers to destroy the bunkers. I had 40 KIA which I didn't think was too bad for the assault. I used the same approach for the attack on the command bunker.

I was surprised to find that the last trench objectives were not defended by the Russians. However as soon as I had my troops occupy the final trenches the Russians attacked out of the woods with a fairly large amount of infantry. I was fortunate to have already taken the trenches. If the Russian infantry had gotten there first I would have had a very difficult time dislodging them.

Just started mission 2. Wow - this is a big mission. This will take me a while to finish but I will update you on it when I am done. Thanks again for your work!

Edited by Silentotto41

• 5 months later...

Micromanaging the units trough the mine corridors on mission 1 made me nearly crazy and mission 2 kept generating quiet heavy lags occasional even on my powerful rig. Was an okay experience but stopped in the mid of mission 2. These huge unit-counts aren´t my cup of tea exactly and these scenario tends to feel like work for me but we all know that others certainly would disagree so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However I loved reading the background you provided with the missions. As usual you know how to generate atmosphere and immersion with the power of word.

Looking forward to play your Korea campaign, and thanks for keeping us provided with quality campaigns!

Edited by MANoWAR.U51

Hi Dagonwynn, I'm reluctant to criticise your Zitadelle campaign because of the effort and enthusiasm you've put into it, but you did ask for feedback. And besides, my criticisms are only of areas where the campaign didn't match my needs.  I found the opening mission a turn-off cos it was in the semi-dark (not aesthetically appealing) and consisted of too long creeping up hills following lines of stakes and taking occasional mine casualties, which was about as exciting to me as doing my tax return. I know, as you said earlier, it's realistic to start the campaign at night, and there were lots of mines to clear, so you can justifiably call me a shallow and undedicated CMer. But I might speak for others when I say I would like to see more campaigns that don 't start in the dark, and consist of small or medium-sized battles, because of time and PC capacity constraints.