1 hour ago, BTR said:

Again not such a lifehack, but if you want to "infantry à la russe" consider always acquiring all the RPG-26s from purchased IFV or APC that are provides at your deployment phase. Originally discardable launchers were introduced as replacement to handled AT grenades so it is accurate to use them en-masse when they are available. MG team takes 1, sniper team can be loaded with 2, and platoon HQ can take 2 as well. A BMP squad can take 3 and BTR/MTLB squad can take a rather hefty load of 4. As such, a typical BMP load of 4 RPG-26s can be fully distributed between its most likely occupants of MG or sniper section and a squad (which already comes with 1 RPG-26 by default). If you split your squad into equal teams the team with RPG-7 operator will always get 1 RPG-26 and the rest of discardable tubes will go to the second team. 

To illustrate how my infantry squads always try to look - 

uP6Qths.png

Man most of the posts you've made had good sense and logic behind it. So even if you have a small thing to share - please do. By the way those are your reskins? I see thats a different pattern of EMR - I think VDV units of Western Military Okrug using them right? 

13 hours ago, Oleksandr said:

Man most of the posts you've made had good sense and logic behind it. So even if you have a small thing to share - please do. By the way those are your reskins? I see thats a different pattern of EMR - I think VDV units of Western Military Okrug using them right? 

Thank you and yes, those are my reskins of Vein's excellent Ru infantry reskins brought up to 2017 standard. 6Sh122 dual pattern overall is now standard issue to every soldier as a mid-season (autumn/spring) wearable. Our forces love them so much that they wear them throughout the exercises no matter the season because they provide better camo than regular EMR and because they are much more durable than issued EMR and thus help to save it from wear and tear.  

Ditto here. 

Altho' I always wonder what is a RL loadout?  In RL do squads take an extra 1000 rounds plus all the AT weapons they can carry?  My sense is that troops weighed down with so much extra weapons and ammo do not suffer sufficient movement penalties in the game (in any CM2 title).

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Ditto here. 

Altho' I always wonder what is a RL loadout?  In RL do squads take an extra 1000 rounds plus all the AT weapons they can carry?  My sense is that troops weighed down with so much extra weapons and ammo do not suffer sufficient movement penalties in the game (in any CM2 title).

You take 1000 extra rounds of 5.56/5.45 on top of a full combat load in-game and you are unable to move faster than "move" for units. Considering GPMG and AGL and ATGM teams start the mission incapable of moving faster than 'quick' (or worse, for some AGL units) I am not exactly sure what you're basing this on. Certainly nothing empirical. 

Edited by Rinaldi

In the game, have often acquired an extra 1000 rounds plus all the AT a squad can carry.  Playing a game like that right now.  The squads seem to move QUICK or FAST just fine and do not tire as fast as I would have expected.  Have always thought that a greater penalty should apply.

I can confirm that for a BMP squad of 6 (regular/fit) acquiring 2 RPG-26s to a total of 3, 1000 and even 2000 rounds of 5.45 does not disable quick or fast commands in CMBS on Elite or Warrior. Overall ammo levels are pretty accommodating. If you basically acquire nearly all available ammo from a BMP you will end up with squads carrying 3200 of 545mm, 1900 of 762mm, 20 or 40mm, 13 grenades, 6 HEAT rounds for RPG-7, 1 HE round for RPG-7 along with 3 RPG-26s. That squad will still be able to execute fast and quick commands. Naturally a BTR squad will be able to carry more than this and still be mobile due to its extra member, 

Edited by BTR

10 hours ago, Erwin said:

Ditto here. 

The broad answer is that it depends. Our recent and not so recent conflicts have demonstrated that taking twice or thrice the normative load outs is quite a regular occurrence. Naturally our latest wars have rarely been conventional mechanized and thus squads hoarded ammo for stationary checkpoint duty. No information is available on 080808, but the nature of warfare and the urgency with which the battle-groups were assembled tells me that no one carried 3x the normal load out, at least initially.   

37 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Do these overloaded units fatigue faster?  Has anyone tried a back to back with loaded & unloaded troops?

My understanding is that units who have more on them tire faster than lighter equipped units. 

You could make it work easily enough, just open the QB map that you want to play in the scenario editor, drop in your force from the core file (import feature) and then add the force you want to fight against.  Set up your force how you want them and just drop your opponents into their setup zone. Then save the file in your scenarios folder (I'd recommend renaming it too, to avoid accidents).  When you start the new scenario the AI should set up your opponents randomly and take over from there.

PS - Congratulations you (& a map designer) just made a scenario.  :D

PPS - I create a Core Units Files sub-folder in all my CM Game Files folders.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead