11 minutes ago, Splinty said:

That's because Battlefront changed some of the textures for 1.04, and Kieme didn't update his modes.

Yea they changed it from 512x512 to 1024x512. It is a pain in the ass to fix in paint and my photoshop skills are 0 B)

One DIY workaround I found was to use mdr and LOD mdr’s for bmp 2 & 2k from 1.03 and 1.00 respectively; however, I suspect that rolls back the behavioral changes for those IFV’s implemented in 1.04 and thus, defeats the purpose of the patch. Looks nice tho :P 

Only if I could pinpoint which files are responsible for behavior and which ones for the looks (if thats even how it works)...

Any tacticool pro-tips for using Ukranian tanks against Russian ones? I love playing the underdog army, and love the look of the Oplots. Whenever, attacking or defending, I encounter a T90 -- they get in the first shot. Usually, when I'm playing the Americans, I rely on my Abrams to spot first and the T-90s to become Greedo.

9 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

Any tacticool pro-tips for using Ukranian tanks against Russian ones? I love playing the underdog army, and love the look of the Oplots. Whenever, attacking or defending, I encounter a T90 -- they get in the first shot. Usually, when I'm playing the Americans, I rely on my Abrams to spot first and the T-90s to become Greedo.

Similar advice for T90 commanders taking on M1s. Try to make it two or three against one and use mobility to attack from the sides. Using something to distract the more dangerous tank is also good. Sometimes you can have infantry or an IFV fire at the tank and draw its attention while your tanks try to come at it from a side.

Of course the enemy is probably not going to cooperate so this is tricky - look for places where supporting tanks might fall behind the lead or places where you can keep your flanks behind obstacles.

Defiantly easier said than done but as you point out fighting as the underdog is often a fun challenge.

For Ukrainian T64s I run with the commanders unbuttoned. With T80s I have them stay buttoned. I would be interested in others' idea on the T64s: should the TC stay buttoned or unbutton?