How about a true "movie mode"?

How about a graphics mode where the emphasis is on catching the action in its purest and most realistic visual form, i.e., no red crosses for casualties, no transparent buildings when occupied, no intrusive orange TRPs, and so on. Maybe even getting rid of the UI and expanding the 3D view down to the bottom edge of the monitor? A view mode that could be toggled, like another ALT- shortcut key. Thoughts?

I've noticed that the quality of YouTube video AAR's keeps increasing, and it seems like this could be a useful feature that (hopefully) wouldn't be incredibly difficult to implement. Well, I guess the true 'fullscreen' video thing could be a ton of work, but it seems like the other things -- suppressing the red crosses, TRPs, and transparent buildings -- would be pretty straightforward. This would be a nice addition to engine 5, in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Erwin said:

However, those ideas could make the game unplayable.

Good point, but you wouldn't have to play in that mode. It'd just be an option during replay phase, like toggling movie lighting or whatever,

So true,

would be a great feature, one of the most important ones for the entire series.

I learned to love the 1min replays and they it would be greatly improved in a "true" cinema mode.

Should not be too difficult to implement  for the developer (what do I know...:rolleyes:)