CV90 Crewman, ask away!

Artkin

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

So glad we are making such good use of this valuable opportunity to talk with a RL CV90 crewperson. 

Normal folks always suspected that we're all weird morons.  Now that's confirmed.  ;)

are you belittling the importance of lutefisk?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Armorgunner said:

That disgusting ****, should really be banned by the UN. I had puke feelings for three days after trying that. Only for people up North.

I understand that it is intended to be eaten only after consuming large quantities of Swedish vodka. And then only once a year. Probably it was introduced into the diet solely to remind people not to complain about the food the rest of the year.

Michael

46 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

Probably it was introduced into the diet solely to remind people not to complain about the food the rest of the

This must be the reason ! :)

I have taken part in this tradition twice...Non of them voluntarlly ;)...The price of failure in various friendly competiotions amongst 'the boys' during the year...

Eating it is actually not the worst part...If you prepare your self with the required amount of vodka and mix the fish with potatos and other stuff and drop it into a piece of bread it is atleast somewhat eatable...

The real KILLER when it comes to this Product is - the opening of the cans -

That smell !!!! It is something else....:ph34r:

5 hours ago, RepsolCBR said:

The real KILLER when it comes to this Product is - the opening of the cans -

That smell !!!! It is something else...

The last time I recall this subject coming up on this forum maybe a dozen years ago, someone posted that the way to deal with that is to fill up the sink with water and hold the can under water while you open it. I pass that along for what it's worth.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Emrys said:

The last time I recall this subject coming up on this forum maybe a dozen years ago, someone posted that the way to deal with that is to fill up the sink with water and hold the can under water while you open it. I pass that along for what it's worth.

Michael

This is the trick for dealing with the sealed odor. Also washing the fish in fresh water will make the real flavors to make magic. Bottom line is to not be fooled by your nose. Same thing with fresh durian fruit.

Re: Lutefisk 

1. My other question was "when you work along side tankers, does it ever make you physically ill to know you're just a pale imitation of their greatness?" (OBVIOUSLY JOKING)

2. I'd imagined there being an armored bin with an option to project the lutefisk at unwary enemy infantry.  

3. Context; A significant portion of the fishing industry in my hometown was once Swedish or Norwegian.  While a lot of the cultural aspects have faded as their children and grandchildren have adopted more American habits, there's still occasional pockets of suddenly Scandinavian behaviors that'll sneak up on you.

Like lutefisk.  

Artkin,

Does your guest find the CV90 easy to steer and maneuver?  From the videos it seems like the vehicle is very nimble.

Does the vehicle bog or handle messy (snow and mud) terrain well?  The tracks don't look especially wide.

What sort of career path does she have?  From driver, would she move up to gunner and eventually commander?

Heinrich505

Found this most informative video on the design requirements, development history, the range of variants, combat experience and much more. He covers an awful lot of ground, but doesn't discuss the remarkable capabilities of the latest version of the Bofors 40 mm (other than AP performance), nor the hunter-killer sight. The footage is really good, and one thing especially of value is that it shows the towering CROWS, about which I have profoundly mixed feelings. While it has undeniable combat utility, it completely undoes the previous ground-hugging low profile of the CV-90. This isn't some kid talking, either, but a Canadian combat veteran who served in Afghanistan. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

4 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Found this most informative video on the design requirements, development history, the range of variants, combat experience and much more. He covers an awful lot of ground, but doesn't discuss the remarkable capabilities of the latest version of the Bofors 40 mm (other than AP performance), nor the hunter-killer sight. The footage is really good, and one thing especially of value is that it shows the towering CROWS, about which I have profoundly mixed feelings. While it has undeniable combat utility, it completely undoes the previous ground-hugging low profile of the CV-90. This isn't some kid talking, either, but a Canadian combat veteran who served in Afghanistan. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Nice video...Thanks !

Artkin,

What brought her into the Swedish Army, if that's the right term? How long has she been in the Swedish Army?  How long was her basic training or equivalent? What led her to into her present job? How long was the training for it? Does she plan on being a lifer? Any thoughts of being an NCO or an officer? Does Sweden have female line infantry, as it were? When did Sweden first make jobs like hers available to women? Thanks for passing these on.

Regards,

John Kettler

Driving: Track care? How often does it throw a track? What kind of slope can it traverse (parallel to the slope)? How much engine maintenance must be done? What about the reliability of the weapons, sights, hydraulics, auto-loader, MG belt feed, etc?

...and, of course: any pictures? (Of HER, you dolt! ;) )

16 hours ago, John Kettler said:

Artkin,

What brought her into the Swedish Army, if that's the right term? How long has she been in the Swedish Army?  How long was her basic training or equivalent? What led her to into her present job? How long was the training for it? Does she plan on being a lifer? Any thoughts of being an NCO or an officer? Does Sweden have female line infantry, as it were? When did Sweden first make jobs like hers available to women? Thanks for passing these on.

Regards,

John Kettler

Sweden also has female combatants. But I think Artkin´s friend is Norwegian.

Not that big difference, just more politically correctnes, larger caliber main guns, and more Halal food in Sweden :D

Edited by Armorgunner

1 hour ago, c3k said:

Driving: Track care? How often does it throw a track? What kind of slope can it traverse (parallel to the slope)? How much engine maintenance must be done? What about the reliability of the weapons, sights, hydraulics, auto-loader, MG belt feed, etc?

...and, of course: any pictures? (Of HER, you dolt! ;) )

You're better than that... 

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Armorgunner,

Oops. You are correct regarding which country Artkin's friend is in. I have Sweden on the brain from watching all those CV90 videos. 

Regards,

John Kettler

I remember my own anger, when i was doing my own conscript time. The newspaper was put up on a wall in our barracs. with a big sign on it. "The Norwegian Cv90´s is better than ours" We was thinking. What the hell is our Goverment doing. Selling a better wehicle to the Norwegians??

This was in 93 or 94, and was not about the gun. But about the stronger engine, the stabilized gun. And at the time. The better armour on the Norwegian wehicles. The armour however, turned into Swedish favor with the 9040C model. The gun stabilization was introduced with the B model

Edited by Armorgunner

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎29 at 3:48 PM, Michael Emrys said:

I understand that it is intended to be eaten only after consuming large quantities of Swedish vodka. And then only once a year. Probably it was introduced into the diet solely to remind people not to complain about the food the rest of the year.

Michael

Now, i´m not a northerner. But i Think the usual way they consume it, is after or together with a considerable amount of vodka. Even though i know, there are some hardend olders that don´t need vodka before eating that thing from the Devil.

And you might be right. Since the food up there is rare, by nature. So if they can eat that, Everything else, is Amazing

Edited by Armorgunner