Lend-Lease stuff coming soon?

2 hours ago, IanL said:

The Canadian army really started using drones for observation during the fight in Afghanistan. So, it all depends on the CMSF story line. If it is set in a 2007 where Canada has already been fighting in Afghanistan for years then they would have likely brought drones to use. We started using out own in Afghanistan in 2003 (before that we either borrowed or had the use of some from the US). For reference they were " Sperwer unmanned aircraft " see pp 7-8 of http://mdacorporation.com/docs/default-source/brochures/isg/surveillance-and-intelligence/c4isr/airborne-surveillance-and-intelligence-systems/historyuavs.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Thanks a lot for the article, I have discovered something. I think the story line will be identical to CMSF1 but we all know the scenarios done in Afghanistan or Irak using CMSF1 engine. That is why drones is important to me IMHO but drones do not win battle for you.

8 hours ago, DesertFox said:

Great CM pipeline news here! :-) All will be certain preorders for me. You can make me even more happy if you bring a CMFB Commonwealth to VE-Day module with some Pershings and Comets to the table. However, thanks Steve for the update!

How about some CM: North Africa, say 41 - 43...  Don'tcha think Rommel?  :P

NA, Barbarossa to Kursk, Battle for France...  All I really care about and hopefully someday enjoy.   No interest in the final months of WWII for CM, except for Italy.  Italy for me would be the one theatre where I will be purchasing the next module that goes to the end of the war. 

CM:BS and now CM:SF2 stuff as well, but modern is a whole different ball game.

I mentioned this somewhere here before, but I would 'K' Kill for CM: BATTLETECH ;):ph34r:

Edited by Blazing 88's

And so even a little piece of information brings the forum back alive...;)

Life can be so simple. Just give us a monthly update with some details and a screenshot now and then. That will keep us going for weeks and weeks.

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

How about some CM: North Africa, say 41 - 43...  Don'tcha think Rommel?  :P

NA, Barbarossa to Kursk, Battle for France...  All I really care about and hopefully someday enjoy.  

Sure everything you mentioned I would buy from them. I only fear the early war (39-43, ETO, NA, EF) is very unlikely to see the light of day. 

On 11.7.2017 at 9:13 PM, Battlefront.com said:

1.  reworking certain rifle platoon structures (almost all Syrian, German, and Dutch IIRC) where the real structures have 1st Squad as the Platoon HQ.  As you might recall, for a very long time (Upgrade 3?) the game required the HQ to be a Team, therefore we had to artificially break up 1st Squad into two Teams.  That is something we plan to rectify.

I don't know about the syrians or the dutch, but germans have dedicated platoon HQ teams (the so called "Zugtrupp"). That, AFAIK, applies to all formations in the german armed forces. So that was pretty much correctly done in CMSF1 IIRC (haven't played SF in a while).

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to SF2!

Edited by QuiGon

4 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

And so even a little piece of information brings the forum back alive...;)

Life can be so simple. Just give us a monthly update with some details and a screenshot now and then. That will keep us going for weeks and weeks.

I'm in total agreement. Look at the level of engagement and excitment that came just from knowing 3 titles being worked on! 

1 hour ago, DougPhresh said:

I'm in total agreement. Look at the level of engagement and excitment that came just from knowing 3 titles being worked on! 

Indeed. Mind you, two of those three titles were already known for quite some time and we don't know much more than before. But even so the hungry pack has something to devour instead of each other. :D Personally I'm happy to know that the coming module for CMRT will be a pretty complete on, with Lend-lease, Waffen SS, winter conditions and probably lots of new landscape features that take us into Eastern Germany, Poland, Hungary and so on. It will be worth the wait. Steve already told us that this module can be expected at the end of this year or the beginning of next year.

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 7/13/2017 at 2:50 AM, DesertFox said:

Sure everything you mentioned I would buy from them. I only fear the early war (39-43, ETO, NA, EF) is very unlikely to see the light of day. 

Yes the final installments of CMRT and CMFI I think will be the last major WW2 modules we will ever see, apart from a couple battle packs; Not what I would prefer but the die has been cast. So to fellow WW2 fans I say lets savor it while it lasts. After that BF will work on the "modern CM' modules with all their packs and modules, After that the BF team will take a well earned retirement. How do I know this? I don't, it is pure speculation but that is part of what forums are for isn't it? Oh wait they might do one more for either CMFB or CMBN taking the war across the Rhine to VE day. Its not that bad guys thats an awful lot of great content.

Edited by J Bennett

I am not an avid fan of the East Front, so my information may be distorted by that fact, but my sense of it is that most players who like myself have only a casual interest in it are lukewarm towards any game devoted to the last months of the GPW. From certain perspectives it looks like merely the coup de grace of an already defeated Germany. Such players are more interested in the period Barbarossa to Kursk. BFC has given their reasons for working the timeline as they have and those reasons are cogent in my view. But I fear that it might have cost them some sales.

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I am not an avid fan of the East Front, so my information may be distorted by that fact, but my sense of it is that most players who like myself have only a casual interest in it are lukewarm towards any game devoted to the last months of the GPW. From certain perspectives it looks like merely the coup de grace of an already defeated Germany. Such players are more interested in the period Barbarossa to Kursk. BFC has given their reasons for working the timeline as they have and those reasons are cogent in my view. But I fear that it might have cost them some sales.

Michael

Unknown makes unloved perhaps. Personally I think the fighting on the eastern front in the last year of the war is among the most interesting of the entire war. A Coup de Grace? Well, one might say that Germany was also already defeated before D-Day (and long before). But the fighting in the Baltics, Eastern Prussia, Western Poland, Romania, Hungary, Silesia and the rest of Eastern Germany brought many very interesting battles. The dramatic atmosphere reminds me of the battle of Middle Earth, without the Rohirrim and the destruction of the ring that is. ;)

13 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

The dramatic atmosphere reminds me of the battle of Middle Earth, without the Rohirrim and the destruction of the ring that is.

That may not have been merely coincidental even though Tolkien always denied a connection. The US standing in for Rohan? That thought has a lot to recommend it even though the correspondence is inexact. Oh well, that is a discussion better left for another place and another time.

:)

Michael

8 hours ago, J Bennett said:

Yes the final installments of CMRT and CMFI I think will be the last major WW2 modules we will ever see, apart from a couple battle packs; Not what I would prefer but the die has been cast. So to fellow WW2 fans I say lets savor it while it lasts. After that BF will work on the "modern CM' modules with all their packs and modules, After that the BF team will take a well earned retirement. How do I know this? I don't, it is pure speculation but that is part of what forums are for isn't it? Oh wait they might do one more for either CMFB or CMBN taking the war across the Rhine to VE day. Its not that bad guys thats an awful lot of great content.

wait and see... I think you made good deduction and yours speculations are not far from the reality...

until the end of the war yes like Aragorn2002 said there is a lot of interresting battle huge battle of tanks Kurst...and for the western allied crossing the Rhin with Remagen... until the walls of the Reichtag...would like to seee also,,,

I am not really a fan of modern battle dont like and dont have CMBS there is enought **** in reallity in the world....prefer more the past battles wait in case of for Afrika Korps Middle East Fulga Gap Korea (ok only dream)... pray to have a module or editor big enough to see all allied and soviet pack tanks after the world until...in the CM world...but sadly I am the only one...anyway I support all ideas from BF make only my own choice in theirs creations.

14 minutes ago, Michael Emrys said:

That may not have been merely coincidental even though Tolkien always denied a connection. The US standing in for Rohan? That thought has a lot to recommend it even though the correspondence is inexact. Oh well, that is a discussion better left for another place and another time.

:)

Michael

Tolkien knew his history and took his inspiration from many periods of history, not necessarily WW2. Like his whole generation he was formed by his experiences in WW1, but except for the feeling of despair and doom I don't see much of that in his work. But like you said, another place and another time. :)

2 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Tolkien knew his history and took his inspiration from many periods of history, not necessarily WW2.

He was also delving very deeply into the collective unconscious. This both shapes and is shaped by our collective history. (I know I wasn't going to do this, but you dangled such a fat temptation in front of me. And as Oscar Wilde once said, "I can resist anything but temptation.")

:D

Michael

Tolkien wrote his books during WW2, so I'm sure the war weighed heavily on him and influenced his works.

As an aside, I think it's quite interesting how the idea of the "Evil in the East" (Mordor) is usually thought to refer to Nazi Germany. But the Nazis themselves also thought they were fighting an evil in the east - the Soviet empire that Nazism was in many ways a reaction to and a consequence of.