Syria footage

LUCASWILLEN05,

Lots of goodies there indeed. Was especially thrilled to see a T-62, because the tanks I'm used to seeing in various conflicts seem to almost always be T-55s or T-72s. Below are a couple of exciting videos I came across recently.

T-55 and a miracle!

Never cease to be amazed by some of the stuff which gets caught on video.

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

• 1 month later...

Andy,

The UR-77 is the Russian version of the US MICLIC, but it looks to me as though a major change has been made, for there seems to be and enormous delta between what you provided from a jihadi group with an impressive AV team and the Russian one below. There is a possibility the apparent extraordinary effects may be the result of going off amid structures, but it seems to me the disparity is greater than the difference between wrecking part of a neighborhood and blowing up a strip of steppe. It would help greatly to see things after the dust had truly settled in the first video. Here's the standard model, in conjunction with some pretty dynamic combat engineering footage. I first saw a UR-77 photo during the Cold War while a Threat Analyst and found it quite odd in appearance, like a weird morphing of a 2S1 into some deformed relation. Later, when I got to see some firing imagery, it was quite apparent what it was. 

But now, compare the UR-77 with the US MICLIC's range and performance in this excellent quality video I found. If weapon elevations are equal, ours is relatively short legged, but I do note it generates a lot of dust, too, but nothing on the scale of the video you presented. 

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler