Target armor arcs and atgms

Hello,

Cannot find the information anywhere so I am asking here.  If you set a target armor arc for an atgm and the afv exits the arc before the missile is shot, or as it is being guided to the target (hopefully), will the gunner continue the engagement or abort?

Thank you,

Stefano

Edited by Stefano Z

If the missile is in flight they will finish the job.

My personal recommendation with cover arcs in this situation is to make them circular (hold down the shift key while plotting them) and cover the whole map. The purpose of cover arcs is to prevent your units from firing at certain targets. The key word is prevent. So, to make sure they *do* shoot at armour they see make the arc circular and cover the entire map.

27 minutes ago, HerrTom said:

What counts as armor? Would that prevent them from launching ATGMs on cars, trucks, or maybe even BTRs?

Not sure about BTRs, it would target strykers or MT-LB though.  It will not target trucks.

Edited by Stefano Z

6 hours ago, HerrTom said:

What counts as armor? Would that prevent them from launching ATGMs on cars, trucks, or maybe even BTRs?

The tentative contact icon of a vehicle is what I try to think about when I'm not sure.  If the vehicle has a tentative contact icon of Armor or Light Armor it counts as armor and is a valid target for an Armor Target Arc.  So half-tracks, BTRs, Strykers, Tunguskas etc. would be targets in an Armor Target Arc.  

What I learned the hard way, about a year ago, was a tank with an Armor Target Arc will not fire on anti-tank guns or ATGMs (unless you get lucky and it disobeys the Arc.)  The higher the motivation level the more likely the unit will stick to your order.