Combat Mission: End of Empire

I had not forgotten Chad and the Toyotas. The post-WWII African theatre has seen a huge amount of conflict. Here's the African scenarios from that board game "Test of Arms" I mentioned...

9 Jul 77,1, Assault on Mustali, Ogaden War, WSLF: Inf. Co., Ethiopia: Mech. Co.
19 Mar 87,15, Battle of Bir Koba Pass, Libya v. Chad, Chad: 1 Toyota Co., Libya: 1 Tk. Co. (+)
22 Mar 87, 16, Fall of Wadi Doum, Libya v. Chad, Chad: 2 x Toyota Co., Libya: 1 Tk Co. (+)
21 Aug 87, 17, Surprise at Aozou, Libya v. Chad, Chad: 2 x Toyota Co., Libya: 2 x Tk Co.
13 Sep 87,2, Bridgehead at the Lomba River Angolan Civil War, UNITA: 1 Mech Bn. 3 x med bty. Angola: 1 Mech Bn., 2 x lt. bty

On 5/14/2017 at 10:58 PM, Cpl Steiner said:

<Snip> The title would cover the 1960s, 1970s and early 1980s, focusing on theatres outside of Europe (primarily Africa and the Far East but including the Falkland Islands). Belgians in the Congo, Mercenaries, African post-independence Civil Wars, Vietnam, Cubans in Angola, Brits in Aden, etc. <Snip>  

Yes this would be very cool.  I would really enjoy a CM game in the above time period.  I'm not sure if you saw it but @Combatintman released a new CMSF scenario Operation Barras set in Sierra Leone.  With the appropriate mods installed it reminds me of reading Soldier of Fortune (SOF) magazine back in the day.  SOF had stories of the Rhodesian light infantry, South African raids, SWAPO etc.  If you are interested in those kind of missions you would probably enjoy Operation Barras.  Here is the link to a thread discussing it.   

And a few screenshots to show what is possible with the mods.  

Op%20Barras%2013_zpsme79pfeg.jpg

Op%20Barras04_zpss7oaswms.jpg

Op%20Barras06_zpsaqusedl7.jpg

Op%20Barras%2018_zpsxgg03ub9.jpg

Just watched the new film "Siege of Jadotville". Not downright awful, though about what you'd expect in terms of historical and tactical accuracy (I expect the Katangese were pretty inept though). Seems like the Irish did quite well, all things considered.

The real deal is recounted here: 

http://source.southdublinlibraries.ie/bitstream/10599/4927/2/The battle of Jadotville.pdf

IMG_20170520_195913.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=