Map view spins uncontrollably

When loading any of the CMx2 games, occasionally I have a problem when a PBEM file finishes loading and the map screen appears.  The view will start moving rapidly as though I was applying one of the view controls.  Most often it's one of two variations, either the map is spinning rapidly to the right, or the map jumps to the maximum high overhead view or the maximum low ground level view.  Sometimes I can resolve it by applying the view control buttons to match the movement of the map screen. Sometimes I can resolve it by zooming in the view and then zooming back out.  Sometimes I can resolve it by quitting and re-loading.  I have turned off the "mouse edge of screen" feature with no effect.  I currently have a game of CMBS going, and I am having this problem (spinning rapidly to the right) and nothing I have tried over the last hour has resolved it.   

Have other players experienced this issue?   

This happens to me on occasion, tapping one of the default movement keys seems to sort it out, but I've no idea which one exactly.....A few random taps in the 'Q-T', 'A-G' & 'Z-B' area of the keyboard does the trick.

If you find out which one it actually is, please do let me know!  ;)

Archived