Combat Mission: Europe 1985

On 5/8/2017 at 7:04 AM, Bufo said:

I never liked future warfare since you don't even know the data of current weapons. In an arcade strategy is ok, but c'mon, this is supposed to be a "simulator". We might as well have walking transformer robots and see how they might shape the battlefield.

As far as I know, nobody knows a thing about current weapons from that time period on. Armor is classified and penetration values are classified. 

On 5/6/2017 at 2:05 PM, MikeyD said:

To me '85 is 'late cold war'. Fulda Gap 1971 would be more of a challenge. Before the 'lessons learned' of the Yom Kippur war, before the west realized the T-64 was a game-changer. TOW was only 1 year in service in 1971.

This, because the Leopard would be king of the hill. 

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/6/2017 at 12:34 AM, IICptMillerII said:

This is my dream CM game, but it is unfortunately unlikely to be made in the next 5 years or so. 

BFCs current model is to release one major game per year and two modules for already released games per year. There are at least two games covering the Eastern Front that are expected, which means that the earliest possible window for a CM: Fulda Gap isn't until 2019. Its very likely that other games covering WWII or possibly Korea 1950 come about first, not to mention another modern game such as Black Sea in a different environment. 

So while CM: Fulda Gap may eventually happen (and I sincerely hope it does) I've accepted the fact that it is a long time coming. 

Now if someone had a boatload of money to throw at BFC to develop a cold war game, that could change the equation some. But that is exceedingly unlikely, so we'll have to wait it out. 

P.S. Airburst ammunition for artillery and thermals for tanks and IFVs would be in a cold war game, unless that game takes place in the 50's or 60's.

Sometimes wishes do come true

• 1 month later...