M1 Garand Sound Mod

Hi all,

I just uploaded my sound mod for the M1 Garand to CMMODSIII. It uses the sound effect from the old Medal of Honor Allied Assault game (and its expansions) for the Garand. I personally think it is one of the best video game sound effects for the M1, not because its the most realistic, but because it is very cinematic and distinct. If you've never played the old MoH games, here is a video I made quickly showcasing the sound effect:

Here is the link to the page where you can download it:

http://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=5117

The mod works in all CM games featuring the M1:. (CMBN, CMFI, CMFB)

Enjoy!

I've taken the M1 Garand, MP40 and StG44 sounds from MOH for my games, I've loved them since MOH: Frontline and I always feel nostalgic when I hear it. 

Here are the MP40, StG44 from Allied Asssault, also included is an MG42 sound that I've had for a long time from someone here but have yet to ever find it so.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=44147435374180479733

On 5/7/2017 at 4:28 AM, Bulletpoint said:

It's a nice punchy sound, but I think the "pling" sound is too loud compared to the crack of the shot. I believe it should only be heard when the camera is very close.

The "ping" sound is not part of the mod. It is either part of a larger sound mod I have, or is the original sound that comes with the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 1:28 AM, Bulletpoint said:

It's a nice punchy sound, but I think the "pling" sound is too loud compared to the crack of the shot. I believe it should only be heard when the camera is very close.

The ping of the clip being ejected can be heard from a fair distance in reality, so the video doesn't have things wrong.

3 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The ping of the clip being ejected can be heard from a fair distance in reality, so the video doesn't have things wrong.

Compared to the sound of tha actual shot, I think it would be heard a much shorter distance, and only in quiet conditions... The mod makes both sounds the same volume and heard at the same distance. But hey, I'm not going to tell anyone to use the mod or not, it was just a reflection :)

23 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

Compared to the sound of tha actual shot, I think it would be heard a much shorter distance, and only in quiet conditions... The mod makes both sounds the same volume and heard at the same distance. But hey, I'm not going to tell anyone to use the mod or not, it was just a reflection :)

Again, my mod has nothing to do with the Ping sound. It does not change or alter the Ping. All it does is alter the sound effect for the report of the M1 firing. I did not increase/decrease the volume on anything. The Ping is the base-game sound effects, the gunshots from the Garand are from my mod. The gunshots from the Garand are no more loud or quiet than any other gunshot sounds present in the game. 

If you have an issue with the Ping sound, there are plenty of sound mods you can shop around for the Ping sound that is right for you. 

Just now, IICptMillerII said:

Again, my mod has nothing to do with the Ping sound. It does not change or alter the Ping. All it does is alter the sound effect for the report of the M1 firing. I did not increase/decrease the volume on anything. The Ping is the base-game sound effects, the gunshots from the Garand are from my mod. The gunshots from the Garand are no more loud or quiet than any other gunshot sounds present in the game. 

If you have an issue with the Ping sound, there are plenty of sound mods you can shop around for the Ping sound that is right for you. 

Wasn't talking about your mod, but the one that makes the ping sound :)

• 5 months later...

Interesting. @Bootie there is something wrong with the HTML on the site since browsers are treating it like a text file - with predictable results. @Swant if you right click on the link and select "Save Link As..." (using FF similar command for other browssers) you can get it to save the file as a .7z file and it will then be open-able by a zip program that supports that format.

Interesting when I click on it in FF it navigates like it is trying to go to a new page and I see gibberish as the browser tries to render the binary as a page.

I tried:

Edge - worked,

Internet Explorer - worked,

Chrome - worked,

Fire Fox - borked

Fire Fox with all addins disabled - borked

Meanwhile I am currently using FF to download all the shock force scenarios and have not had this problem with any of them. Hence my original conclusion that there was something wrong with the page.

5 hours ago, IanL said:

Interesting. @Bootie there is something wrong with the HTML on the site since browsers are treating it like a text file - with predictable results. @Swant if you right click on the link and select "Save Link As..." (using FF similar command for other browssers) you can get it to save the file as a .7z file and it will then be open-able by a zip program that supports that format.

That worked! Don't know why I didn't try that but thanks

On 10/26/2017 at 3:45 PM, IICptMillerII said:

Is this an issue with the upload or the browser? If it is an issue with the upload, I can re-upload if that will fix the problem. 

It is a bit of an odd one but I do not think there is anything wrong with your upload. Only one browser is confused and you can work around it even the...