Windows 10 upgrade zaps my SCWW1

Evening all. I'm afraid the new Windows 10 upgrade has caused a SNAFU in my SCWW1/Breakthrough. The game won't initialise: I just get a message asking for the activation key, which it doesn't then recognise. We had this problem before when Windows 10 was first rolled out, and you came up with a workaround. Any chance of working the same magic this time? Many thanks.

You can try running the game by right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. However I somewhat doubt this will get the game running. With upgrades (hardware or operating system) I usually expect an error with the activation that prevents re-activating the game. In such cases you would need to open a ticket with the Helpdesk (click on the blue '+new ticket' button in the upper right) where they can provide you an utility to delete the current activation and then allow you to reactivate the game. However your case seems a bit different in that you are getting prompted to activate the game (the previous error does not do this). Was your game a 'bundle' of SCWW1 and Breakthrough or did you purchase them as separate titles ? If they're separate titles, do you know which license key it is asking for, SCWW1 or Breakthrough ? Are you copying and pasting the license key from your Battlefront account or manually typing it in ?

Thanks Schrullenhaft.

I bought the games separately when they each came out. It's asking for the Breakthrough key, which I'm typing in manually. I'll open a ticket with Helpdesk as you suggest.

In the meantime I've uninstalled the Windows update, as I'm nearing the end of a very tense email game.