Can't See Downloaded Scenarios or Campaigns

Hello all,

So I have recently gotten back into CMSF, bought the original game and the bundle with all the other expansions a day or so ago, and I have been trying to get downloaded scenarios and campaigns to work. I have the scenarios and campaigns put into their respective folders in the Game Files folder that is located in the CMSF directory, but when I launch the game, I can see neither in the menus. All the default scenarios and campaigns show up just fine. 

I do not experience a similar problem with later CM titles like BS, FI, or RT, or BN. 

I am running Windows 10, and I have the game installed on one of my three hard drives, but it is not the primary drive. I had the same issue when I originally installed it on my primary drive and I tried a reinstall to the current one and that didn't work either.

I didn't see anything on the forum that addressed a similar issue so I am sort of at a loss.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

There are three low hanging fruit issues that can cause trouble.

1. You have the .zip, .rar or .7zip files directly in the scenarios folder and not the .btt files (this is kind of a "is it plugged in" kind a thing so don't take offence cause the best and brightest of us have done it even if we will not admit it :) ). You have to make sure you unpack / unzip the files that are used to distributed the scenarios.
  2. The .btt and .cam files need to be in the top level Scenarios and Campaigns folders. Sometimes unzip programs will create sub-directories but the game will not read scenario and campaign files inside sub-directories.
  3. The file version of the downloaded files were created with a newer version of the game. If you have downloaded content that was made with a game that was the latest version and fully patched then your older not fully patched game will not see the newer files. Are you sure you have fully patched your installed game?

Honestly I hope it is just one of those simple things cause after that - I have no idea.

Thank you Squarehead and IanL for replying. 

IanL, I have the files properly unzipped and in the top level folders. I ran into the first issue you suggested years ago when I started playing around with BN, so I learned that lesson back then!

Both of you suggested it might be a patching problem, and I wonder if that might not be the case. I will report back when I have had a chance to take a look. I am not sure I had the most up to date version, but then some of these scenarios aren't exactly new either, so I will have to take a look. 

Thanks for the help!

37 minutes ago, EasyBakeOven47 said:

IanL, I have the files properly unzipped and in the top level folders. I ran into the first issue you suggested years ago when I started playing around with BN, so I learned that lesson back then!

I hear ya. It is one of those learn once - never do it again things. At least that's my story.

I don't have CMSF so I am of limited help at this point. If you run through our suggestions and still have problems, I would recommend opening a help desk ticket. They are pretty good about trouble shooting problems. https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/

Edited by IanL
fixed runnon sentence

Well guys, updating it was the issue! I guess I must have assumed that it was fully patched after the long install to get the thing running in the first place. 

Thanks for all your help!

6 hours ago, IanL said:

I hear ya. It is one of those learn once - never do it again things. At least that's my story.

Well, you know, at least no one has to see us at our brightest moments!

Thanks again for the suggestions.