Scenarios and campaigns

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, two files uploaded:  CMSF Scenarios and CMSF Campaigns.  I hope everyone gets access and enjoys em.  I found most of them to be good.   However, the later ones are generally the best as designers had years of practice by then.

A big thank you to nightops for setting all this up.

This is cool - at the moment I am personally interested in the CMFI scenarios and campaigns.  As you may recall I wanted to find out where those files you had came from, for my scenario list: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/index.html

Are you up for uploading them too? @nightops are you cool with that?

Cool thanks - you could tweak the file names so you don't stomp on the existing files. Or, better yet, copy them to the folder I just created named CMFI.

On 2017-04-29 at 11:07 PM, nightops said:

Note, this Combat Mission folder is open to everyone to access and download/upload scenarios to. You will need a gmail account though to access it.

I read the above that @nightops is cool with people sharing what ever they have up there. He can slap me down if I have that wrong :D

@ErwinThanks very much!  I was looking through the CMFI scenario folder...it appears that some CMBN content has been mixed in...I see a lot of files labeled CW and some files that are clearly set in Normandy.  Any chance to double check?

Appreciate your willingness to share these...REALLY cool that you have a lot of documents with the CMSF campaigns and scenarios.

Thanks for pointing that out.  In the rush to update 2 new computers I must have copied CMBN scenarios into the CMFI folder.  How to weed em out efficiently??

I guess I could start with dates.  When was CMFI released?  I could get rid of anything in CMFI folders dated prior to that.

Well... a good wake-up call for designers to properly label their scenarios so we can easily tell which game they are for.  I see a bunch of "AD gamename" some look like CMFI, other for CMBN and can't tell which game they apply to...  :(

Edited by Erwin

22 hours ago, IanL said:

This is cool - at the moment I am personally interested in the CMFI scenarios and campaigns.  As you may recall I wanted to find out where those files you had came from, for my scenario list: http://www.combatmission.lesliesoftware.com/index.html

Are you up for uploading them too? @nightops are you cool with that?

The more the merrier. There's 15gb that I'm not really using for anything else. As long as everyone labels the files so there's no mixups everything else is a go...

19 hours ago, Erwin said:

Haven't heard anything from him.  But, I took the liberty of uploading the CMFI files to his site as well now.   Yes the files are renamed for CMFI.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, grunt_GI said:

@ErwinThanks very much!  I was looking through the CMFI scenario folder...it appears that some CMBN content has been mixed in...I see a lot of files labeled CW and some files that are clearly set in Normandy.  Any chance to double check?

Appreciate your willingness to share these...REALLY cool that you have a lot of documents with the CMSF campaigns and scenarios.

That would explain why your scenario count and mine don't match. I haven't had a chance to look at the files yet but I'll start with the updated zip file. Thanks.

2 hours ago, nightops said:

The more the merrier. ...

Excellent thanks.

On 5/1/2017 at 1:18 PM, Erwin said:

Ok, two files uploaded:  CMSF Scenarios and CMSF Campaigns.  I hope everyone gets access and enjoys em.  I found most of them to be good.   However, the later ones are generally the best as designers had years of practice by then.

A big thank you to nightops for setting all this up.

Only too happy to contribute to the community in any way I can. Thanks for your efforts too.

Make sure you share the link around guys.

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B0HhNCJWAbKmcUF0VHRERzdvYTA

On 5/3/2017 at 9:34 AM, Erwin said:

If anyone hasn't checked I also uploaded CMA, CMBN and CMFI scenarios and campaigns.  Am assuming everyone is up to date with CMRT and CMBS.

SOOO, if it's not too much of a pain...I wouldn't mind having the CMBS content...I have about 20 scenarios and 6 campaigns..and I do love CMBS...