Create a 512 x 256 tile map, from Cameroon to Finland.

I want to try to create a map for the first world war of the maximum size and make of all this a campaign. I need some help, especially in working with MapGen.exe, since the instruction translated into Russian does not help much.

я хочу попробовать создать карту для  первой мировой войны максимального размера и сделать из всего этого кампанию. 
Мне нужна некоторая помощь, особенно в работе с MapGen.exe так как переведенная на русский язык инструкция мало чем помогает. 

Edited by pacifffick

Сейчас идет процесс сбора информации, если кто-то может помочь, нам нужны источники информации, подробные карты ранних государств двадцатого века.

mail to

pacifffick@mail.ru

сейчас проходит процесс сбора информации, если кто может помочь, нужны источники информации, подробные карты государств начала XX века. 

Edited by pacifffick

Hi pacifffick

The best thing to do is to create a test campaign and use it to test out different ideas and also how things like MapGen.exe work.

Do you have a specific question about the MapGen.exe that perhaps we can help with?

Bill

На 29.04.2017 в 1:28 вечера, pacifffick сказал:

HI Bill! The question in general is how it works ??? I try to run MapGen.exe two files appear and after a second disappear, nothing else happens. And how to create a text company

2 hours ago, Bill101 said:

привет pacifffick

Самое лучшее, что нужно сделать, это создать тестовую кампанию и использовать его, чтобы проверить различные идеи, а также как такие вещи, как MapGen.exe работы.

У вас есть конкретный вопрос о MapGen.exe, что, возможно, мы можем помочь?

Билл

HI Bill! The question in general is how it works ??? I try to run MapGen.exe two files appear and after a second disappear, nothing else happens. And how do I create a text campaign?

Hi

I've looked at the instructions and when you double click on MapGen.exe it should create a new file called map.txt

Open it in notepad.

The number on the first line is the number of columns. The second line is the number of rows. You will need this when you go to the editor to import it.

Copy the map.txt file to the same folder as the game's editor.

Start a new scenario in the editor and press F5.

You should see a new tile map created from the data in map.txt.

I hope this helps but if you do encounter any issues please let us know.

Bill

2 hours ago, Bill101 said:

Здравствуй

Я посмотрел на инструкции и при двойном щелчке на MapGen.exe он должен создать новый файл с именем map.txt

Откройте его в блокноте.

Номер на первой строке число столбцов. Вторая линия количество строк. Вы будете нуждаться в этом, когда вы идете в редактор, чтобы импортировать его.

Скопируйте файл map.txt в той же папке, что и редактор игры.

Начать новый сценарий в редакторе и нажмите F5.

Вы должны увидеть новую карту, созданную плитку из данных map.txt.

Я надеюсь, что это помогает, но если вы возникнут вопросы, пожалуйста, сообщите нам об этом.

Билл

Thank you Bill! Can I have a couple more questions? What is the maximum file size for source? I tried the files on 132 mb. An error occurred, and smaller files give the card a maximum of 496/128. And the last question. I understand, with a huge desire in the file "maр" can be prescribed manually, will it work and can it be done in this way at the maximum? Spasbo for the help :)

Спасибо Билл!

можно еще пару вопросов? Какой максимальный размер файла source? я пробовал файлы по 132 mb. появлялась ошибка, а файлы меньшего размера дают карту максимум 496/128. И последний вопрос. Я так понимаю, при огромном желании в файле "maр" можно прописать вручную, будет ли это работать и можно ли будет таким образом сделать по максимум?? 
Спасбо за помощь :)

Hi

I don't know of a maximum size, and suggest experimenting with different sizes to get the best result possible.

A different approach would be to use it just to design a proportion of the map, e.g. leave out part of the map from the image, and draw that part by hand in the editor.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Impressive.  B)

Pink would be a more traditional colour for UK & Commonwealth territories.....Orange is more often associated with the Dutch.

The Map is a bit dated, now there are significant changes... 

In the future, the colors will be changed to more traditional ones. Now, they are specially chosen so that they clearly see the borders of the countries on the map)

Карта немного устарела, сейчас там есть значительные изменения...

В дальнейшем, цвета будут изменены на более традиционные. Сейчас же, они специально выбраны  так, что бы четко видеть границы стран на карте)