Sharing ammo between vehicles

I have a jeep with a vickers k but out of ammo, next to it a normal jeep carrying 600 rounds of 303, is there a way to transfer that ammo into my vickers k jeep?

Also my crew has some 200 rounds of 303 but it's not using them.

Edited by Miller786

There is no way to share ammo between vehicles, or vehicles and troops.  IIRC, an inf unit that is out of ammo can take ammo, a clip at a time, from an adjacent inf unit that does have ammo.  The inf units may have to be from the same formation - not sure about that.

Have long asked BF to improve the ACQUIRE process so that adjacent units can share ammo - probably with a time delay proportional to the amount or type of ammo being shared.  The current ACQUIRE from vehicles is way too cumbersome and is almost a "sub game".  For the most efficient acquisition of ammo by a number of units, one has to 1) Split squads into teams; 2) Embark teams from different squads into vehicle(s); 3) Each team uses ACQUIRE to get ammo - sometime a team may only want 200-300 rounds, but you find that the minimum is 1,000(!) rounds; 4) Dismount teams; 5) Run teams to their respective parent units' locations and allow time for them to recombine. 

Then, if you have more teams than can fit into the supply vehicle(s), you have to do 1-5 all over again.

Hope this can be streamlined for CM3 at least.

13 hours ago, Erwin said:

For the most efficient acquisition of ammo by a number of units, one has to 1) Split squads into teams; 2) Embark teams from different squads into vehicle(s); 3) Each team uses ACQUIRE to get ammo - sometime a team may only want 200-300 rounds, but you find that the minimum is 1,000(!) rounds; 4) Dismount teams; 5) Run teams to their respective parent units' locations and allow time for them to recombine. 

I think the minimum is 200 or 250 rounds actually. But we agree it's much too cumbersome to acquire ammo.

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I think the minimum is 200 or 250 rounds actually. But we agree it's much too cumbersome to acquire ammo.

Often a "fully loaded" vehicle will only allow a min of 1,000 rounds to be acquired.  This esp affects snipers. Very annoying when you want to give a sniper 100-200 7.62mm rounds and the min it can acquire is 1,000.

The CM2 game is very good at this point.  I hope that BF starts focusing more on the "ergonomics" of play from now on.  ie:  Addressing some of the irritating aspects of the UI which slow down gameplay cos it takes many more unnecessary clicks or actions to accomplish simple tasks.

The ACQUIRE system is one. 

Also, bringing back the efficient CM1 "one click" 180 degree arc.  If one plays with a lot of turreted AFV's, it gets real annoying and time wasting having to do 180 degree arcs for a company of tanks if you want their turrets to face a number of different directions that change at several waypoints along their route.

Those two items are a couple of the ones that can waste the most amount of player time when the player wants to focus on fun decisions re tactics, rather than fighting the UI.

Edited by Erwin

5 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I think the minimum is 200 or 250 rounds actually.

21 minutes ago, Erwin said:

Often a "fully loaded" vehicle will only allow a min of 1,000 rounds to be acquired.

Just did some testing, and it seems it depends on how much ammo is in the vehicle to begin with. With a regular US jeep, the minimum number of .30cal I get to acquire is 50 rounds. For .45cal, I can acquire a minimum of 10.

But when I acquire from a halftrack that has almost 4000 rounds, the minimum I get to take is 1000, as @Erwin says.

Never noticed this before.

After grabbing 2000 rounds off the halftrack, I then try to acquire again, and this time I am allowed to take just 250 rounds. I grab 1000, and next time I am allowed to take just 100.

Eventually. There's just 7 rounds left, and I am allowed to take 1 :)

Edited by Bulletpoint

That's another issue.  Can a squad realistically carry an extra 3,994 rounds in addition to its normal load and still function?  

Also, after taking all those rounds, could they also take other weapons like AT etc?

Can the squad move FAST, QUICK, or only MOVE?  And how quickly does it tire? 

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

That's another issue.  Can a squad realistically carry an extra 3,994 rounds in addition to its normal load and still function?  

Also, after taking all those rounds, could they also take other weapons like AT etc?

Can the squad move FAST, QUICK, or only MOVE?  And how quickly does it tire? 

All good questions that I have been wondering, myself.

Loading up your troops will slow them down and make the tire faster. The exact amount is not specified. You can see it sooner with small teams if you load them up you will find that you cannot even give them fast move order then with more load you will not be able to give them quick move orders either.

There very well could be limitations - like I am not sure if you can load them up so much that you cannot move or if there is an absolute limit on how much they can carry. I have not tried it - given that in v1 of the engine there were no limitations what is there now is much better.

In CMBS small teams will stop letting you add AT launchers to their load at a certain point - I have not tried this in other tittles (it is harder since there are less heavy toys available).

"In CMBS small teams will stop letting you add AT launchers to their load..."

Yes, same with CMSF and presumably CMA. 

Interestingly, in CMSF I split an 8-man squad into Assault sections.  Both teams had the same load of AT weapons.  But, the A team would not ACQUIRE any extra AT weapon.  Whereas the B team could ACQUIRE one more AT weapon.