Help with mod name conventions

Anyone remember how mod options are numbered? 

I looked at my other CM2 titles to see how the mod options are numbered and was confused to find sometimes they start with <mod.bmp> then go straight to <mod 2.bmp> with no <mod 1.bmp>.

But sometimes I see <mod.bmp> and then <mod 1.bmp> etc.

IIRC, wav option files have a different numbering convention.  What is that?

You mean the ones that come with the game?  Ugh.  Too scared I screw em up and have to do a reinstall...  Trust me, tech and me, not a good mix.

We used to have so many wonderful modders here, was assuming that naming conventions would be a very easy question for them.

Edited by Erwin

13 hours ago, Erwin said:

You mean the ones that come with the game?  Ugh.  Too scared I screw em up and have to do a reinstall...  Trust me, tech and me, not a good mix.

We used to have so many wonderful modders here, was assuming that naming conventions would be a very easy question for them.

Nope no need. Just create a copy the BRZ's from your data folder into the appropiate folder in your mod tools folder. No need to 'remove/edit' the base data files used to run the game.

Edited by Ithikial_AU