Mosul (Iraq) The small red-headed child of an epic MOUT map!

If that were what was happening I wouldn't have an issue at all.....Sadly the reports I've read suggest something else entirely.   

I won't post links here as the whole thing is really rather [British Understatement]distasteful[/British Understatement].  :mellow:

As I've often been obliged to remark.....Poor bloody Mosul.  :(

As someone once said "You can't kill an idea".   I doubt that this thing will ever be "over".  It will evolve and transmigrate...   I think Trumpy is correct - we are in a war for the survival of the soul of western civilization.  Greed and globalization (the desire for cheap labor) has essentially allowed an invasion to already take place.

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

Well, if you are willing to suffer for 500 years for things to change for the better, that's wonderful!  Presumably you're not planning of having kids since their lives could be nightmarish till 2500?

damn I didn't factor 500 years into my retirement plan.... :( 

With much feedback taken aboard and many amendments made, 'Ashsh al-Dababir' is no longer a test, you can find the file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfjnp2xy78c1e2g/Ashsh al-Dababir.btt?dl=0

A future version with improved graphics and a more sophisticated AI is a distinct possibility, but not for a while.  ;)

Feedback & comments very welcome, will hopefully be posting to TPG/TSD in due course.

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Cheers!  I wouldn't say completed, but it's at a stage where I believe it to be fit for play by the wider membership without fear of unexpected issues.....I'm working on the sequel ('Al Hutumah' (The Crusher)), while also messing with an expanded and more replayable version of this one to supersede the current version in due course.

Give it a go if you are of a mind to.....Absolutely no obligation to provide feedback, although it would be quite nice.  ;)

My only proviso would be that this isn't one to take on casually, it won't end well at all!  :o

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

It's naive to think that this sort of thing is not "normal" in the ME (and other parts of the world).  Weren't they killing oppos by power drilling into their heads just a few years ago in Iraq?   Be happy you still live in the West (while the "West" still exists).

Erwin you really need to stop reading alt right news sources.  The west is not in danger of collapse and there is no place in the US functioning under Sharia law  nor in the U.K.  

Meanwhile ny times magazine article on the battle battle for Mosul. It has a panoramic video of what is left of the old city. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/19/magazine/mosul-battle-against-isis.html?_r=0

Just on it now.....The drone footage genuinely shocked me and I thought I was pretty familiar with Mosul!  :o

This bit kind of choked me up:

“God forgive me for saying it, but now I don’t even like to hear the call to prayer. I hate it because of them. God forgive me. On Fridays, their preaching was all instigating people to kill, to deceive one another, to pillage. This is not our religion.” Suddenly his eyes brightened with that frantic laugh, and he exclaimed: “Will you take me to America? Why don’t you take us to America? Take me out of Iraq.”

& it doesn't get any less harrowing thereafter.  :(

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead