1st Airborne Vickers recce jeeps

I have CMBN with all updates and modules, i wanted to try a quick battle as the 1st airborne using those sweet recce jeeps however in the single vehicles menu i can only see Jeep with bren guns, where are my vickers? :( those sweet gas operated machineguns? (timeframe is september 1944, so they should be there i hope)

Edited by Miller786

According to the blurb here:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=324&Itemid=561

Jeeps with Vickers MGs are there. I can't offer an explanation as to why you're not seeing them as I don't have the module but you may have to pick an airborne recce type formation to get them as they may not be available as a single vehicle pick..

Yes but those aren't paratroopers, actually they're very weird, they have paratrooper equipment (Sten MkVs) but they're dressed like normal soldiers. And im pretty sure vickers jeeps were used by 1st airborne in market garden, to me it should be the other way around, these guys should get the bren jeep and paras should have the vickers...

In other words is there any way i can play as paratroopers with these jeeps? with actual paratroopers in them i mean

Edited by Miller786

6 minutes ago, Miller786 said:

In other words is there any way i can play as paratroopers with these jeeps? with actual paratroopers in them i mean

No not in a QB. You are up against the vagaries of the QB system, which offers Airborne Infantry only (and so no vehicles), or Mech Inf with the Vickers Jeeps (if you select them). It's just the way it is.

P

It is correctly located under Airborne with airborne troop models in the editor, but even in editor there are some bugs with this formation (can't fit in vehicles).  Moving the formation to Mech Infantry for QBs must have caused a change in the troop model called for, but it shouldn't have been moved to Mech Infantry in the first place.

Well, in the quick battles menu i can choose to buy single vehicles (even in airborne infantry) and i can buy a bren jeep, so why not just replace the vickers jeep with that one? or just add the vickers jeep under the bren jeep in the QB menu?

Not to mention that for the money i've paid for this game i expect accuracy :rolleyes:

Edited by Miller786