From 1941 onwards, still too much to fill

Yes, BF might return to an earlier time frame of the Eastern Front one day, but that may be some years down the road.

However, in the meantime there is a CMRT 'Stalingrad' Mod, and a '43 Winter' Mod available...Just do some forum searches to locate them. 

Joe

I think the concept was to start at the end of the war as the units are more "sexy" (and US dominant for the allies) and therefore the products would be more commercially successful.  Makes sense.  

But, one questions whether by the time BF would get to 1941 if the game will still be viable (or obsolete) and if anyone other than the small group of hard core grogs will want to play that era.

On 1.4.2017 at 7:51 PM, JoMc67 said:

Ahh, and even Partisans were in CMBB...Yes, those were the 'Good Ole' Days of one game fits all. 

Snöff snöff snöff. ( Call it "sobbing and weeping")

The REAL "Good ole' days" were with "Steel Panthers". That one really covered everything from WW 2 East, West, Africa, Pacific to Korea (not Vietnam), various Israel-Arab wars and modern 80's. Even some Falkland '82 battles had been portrayed.

Plus, it was a pretty good game. For it's days, I mean.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, StieliAlpha said:

Snöff snöff snöff. ( Call it "sobbing and weeping")

The REAL "Good ole' days" were with "Steel Panthers". That one really covered everything from WW 2 East, West, Africa, Pacific to Korea (not Vietnam), various Israel-Arab wars and modern 80's. Even some Falkland '82 battles had been portrayed.

Plus, it was a pretty good game. For it's days, I mean.

SPII had Gulf war action.

I would really love the 41-43 period on the Eastern Front covered. On the strategic and operational level the Germans may have ruled but on the tactical level that Combat Mission covers it was a different story. 

The Soviets had better equipment in many cases and it would be very fun to see German tanks with pea shooters going up against KV-1s and T-34s.

I would love to go head to head with my opponent as the Soviets and fight to the last man if need be.

DLaurier,

Russia was fighting Ukrainian anti-Communist partisans until the 1950s, this despite penetrations of MI6 so severe missions were blown before they started. Ideological spy for Russia, Kim Philby, one of numerous high level spies for Russia, was in on activities to support these anti-Communist forces at the top levels of Britsh Intelligence and in direct liaison with their American counterparts, allowing the Russians to to capture agents, seize arms, etc., and not just in Russia, either.  Philby and his cronies were for the longest time protected by the ridiculous belief that no one in the upper class could possibly become a traitor. Kim Philby, it should be noted, very nearly wound up running the Secret Intelligence Service aka MI6 While the referenced CIA report goes only to 1952, Ukrainian anti-Communist partisans of the UPA (Ukrainian Insurgent Army) weren't wiped out until 1956

More related to your topic is this most insightful piece on German anti-partisan ops at the nuts and bolts level. After reading what a partisan HQ was like as a target, you may never view partisans the same way again. Simply astounding! This is one of the key books referenced in the article. Sample the goodies here on Google Books. In another post, I previously provided the US Army's take on the partisan movement.

The Soviet Partisan Movement, 1941-1944: A Critical Historiographical Analysis

By Leonid D. Grenkevich

Regards,

John Kettler

Partisans formed large formations some times. One of them was Kovpak's partisan army, that operated in Ukraine. That unit even had guns and mortars. They liberated many villages from Germans and local collaborators, later they did deep raid to Carpathians.So there is a lot of content for game scenarios, not just small scale platoon vs platoon actions..

13.jpg

On 7.4.2017 at 9:38 PM, db_zero said:

I would really love the 41-43 period on the Eastern Front covered. On the strategic and operational level the Germans may have ruled but on the tactical level that Combat Mission covers it was a different story. 

The Soviets had better equipment in many cases and it would be very fun to see German tanks with pea shooters going up against KV-1s and T-34s.

I would love to go head to head with my opponent as the Soviets and fight to the last man if need be.

Yeah, I still remember a scenario in a Steel Panthers campaign, when my Pz II's and III's encounterd a platoon of T34's for the first time. The only solution which I found, was to flee from the battlefield on turn 1.

20 hours ago, Artkin said:

Wow theyre still updating this?? I refer to both games for formations and a general idea of units capabilities. Thank you for the referral :)

No problem. 

Check the forums at that site if you have graphical issues with Win7 and up.  There is this helpful thread /patch for Win7 and up that fixes graphical issues if you have any... 

On 2017-04-22 at 9:36 PM, Artkin said:

Wow theyre still updating this?? I refer to both games for formations and a general idea of units capabilities. Thank you for the referral :)

3 hours ago, Blazing 88's said:

No problem. 

Check the forums at that site if you have graphical issues with Win7 and up.  There is this helpful thread /patch for Win7 and up that fixes graphical issues if you have any... 

That file is called:  win7spwawfix 

Sorry don't mean to hi-jack the thread.  I couldn't edit to add to my last post so...

• 4 weeks later...

As for Steelpanthers...Try this one. Free download and ongoing support since 1999!

If you like it, consider the CD-Version and you have your Steelpanthers Fix for the next ten years. Even works on MacOS Sierra. I have WinSPWW2 running on  a Macbook retina 12 inch.

Game:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

Forum:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

18 hours ago, DesertFox said:

As for Steelpanthers...Try this one. Free download and ongoing support since 1999!

If you like it, consider the CD-Version and you have your Steelpanthers Fix for the next ten years. Even works on MacOS Sierra. I have WinSPWW2 running on  a Macbook retina 12 inch.

Game:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

Forum:

http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139

I prefer WinSPWaW over WinSPWW2... can't remember why.