C2 question in regards to question marks.

So, I had this situation this morning in one of my SF missions.

A sniper team spotted and identified an enemy HQ unit. However my units on the hill did not receive any intel about them despite all having radios. Any ideas folks?

Also, I can't figure out for the life of me what the below symbol means.

ScpRRyU.jpg?1

Edited by ForceGhost

I think it takes time for the communication to work its way through (it's not instantaneous) - see what happens in a couple of turns.

Symbols refer to what the XO Exec Officer unit has: Binoculars for birdwatching; Safety Pin if pants fall down, or perhaps it's a cell phone; and Camera for selfies or maybe its night vision...  Who can know these things?

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

I think it takes time for the communication to work its way through (it's not instantaneous) - see what happens in a couple of turns.

Symbols refer to what the XO Exec Officer unit has: Binoculars for birdwatching; Safety Pin if pants fall down, or perhaps it's a cell phone; and Camera for selfies or maybe its night vision...  Who can know these things?

It would be great to know exactly what they are eh?