V4 License activation problem

Just purchased the Big bundle upgrade for combat mission games. Was given 1 serial key for all versions of the upgrade.

Applied patch to Red Thunder and key works fine and am able to play game no problem.

However applied patch  to Battle for Normandy and attempted activation with same key and am informed that the license key is invalid. Uninstalled Normandy and downloaded version 4 full installer. Installed that entered keys for Commenwealth Bundle, Market Garden, Upgrade 3 all successful then entered upgrade 4 key, once again License Key Invalid.

Why isn't it accepting it ?. Why does Battlefront insist on this rubbish DRM which only affects its paying customers, getting sick of the fact that I have to jump through hoops to play games that I have payed a lot of money for.

Rant over would appreciate some help from anyone on this matter.

Thanks

It appears that ONLY the 3.0 Upgrade license key is needed to activate the '4.0 Full Installer'. I just tried it myself and got what appears to be an error attempting to activate the installation with the 4.0 Upgrade license key (just a 'black bar with a small white 'x' in it' underneath where the license key is put in). Providing just the 3.0 Upgrade license key activates the 'CM Battle for Normandy' (base game), ' 2.0 Upgrade', '3.0 Upgrade' and '4.0 Upgrade' (according to the activation 'graphics'). The game launches as the 4.0 Upgrade version and is playable.

Launching the 'Activate New Products - CMBN' shortcut (in CMBN's installation directory), I've been able to activate each of the modules/packs with no problem (and subsequent launches confirms that they've been activated).

So there appears to be a problem with the 4.0 Upgrade license keys with CMBN. Using the 3.0 Upgrade license keys seems to be a fully functional workaround for now.

Archived