Suggestions Thread!

Artkin

7 hours ago, exsonic01 said:

Most of my suggestions are discussed in this forum at least once. But here I introduce again of mine... 

My logic is simple: More detailed expression = more immersive environment = possibly more realistic game = possibly more sales.

1. Tank with mine roller/dozer

2. More delicate engineering features, such as bridge explosion and mine clearing

3. As far as I know, arty HE rounds should be able to clear mine fields, at least in some degree. 

4. Vehicle mast sight & TC override ability. Also bug fix regarding some vehicle's sight such as Khriz. Khriz should be able to "see" from radar, but it seems its viewpoint is crew's eye. 

5. Realistic building collapse and debris. 

6. Realistic TAC-AI about retreat. If they are in good cover, they should stay in the cover regardless of damage / suppression. 

7. Visual representation of airplanes and rot.wings when flyby in game. It doesn't need to be perfect detail, just far silhouettes would be OK. 

8. Small chances for "flying turret" for vehicles when destroyed. This happens rare for modern tanks, but still it happens. Dramatic boom boom is always great :)  

9. Some attack helicopters should be able to perform multiple target engagement, such as Apache guardian / longbow.

10. Some attack helicopters should have very low chance to be shot down by AA, since they can engage behind / slightly over the ridge lines, shoot and scoop style. Right now, they all are just attempting strafing run like Vietnam war Cobra style. This is not true.  

11. Blood / gore expression (optional). Well, this could be debatable but this will make the game more.... realistic in some sense. But I also think that this is not that much essential. Just blood expressions would be enough maybe. Or we can introduce turn on / off ability for this option.  

12. Detail modeling of shells(tanks/artillery) and several airstrike missiles. Right now, shells flying like the Star Wars laser blaster. 

13. FASCAM, ICM, WP, Thermobaric, and chemical strike. As far as I know some of those special ammos are also available for regimental level support assets. 

14. Fire on trees, buildings, houses, and glass, burned ground expression. 

15. Up to date of UA forces, such as UAV in UA. 

16. Variable weather and wind. 

17. Transport helicopters and heliborne / repel. 

18. If possible, dedicated multiplayer server and 2:2 3:3 possibility? Or multiplayer campaign? But I think those are really tough goals. 

19. Variable turn time depend on faction, if possible. 

20. Counter artillery option for artillery and airplanes. Give them "counter arty" mission. When activated by user, by some chance, artillery automatically reacts to enemy arty, based on each side's counter battery radar ability. And results will be printed on fire support team like "counter battery success", like "Airplane shot down" of AA units. Depending in their mobility, artys can evade CB but they cant couduct any fire mission during evade.

Counter battery is also available by airplanes. Several A2G stand off missiles are able to conduct counter battery missions. 

21. SEAD aircrafts, and realistic EW ability of airplanes. For example, as far as I know, F-16CJ is equipped with jamming pods, should have more survive chance against AA. And SEAD will allow users to attempt like strike package by multiple airplanes.  

22. More units: Javelin / 30mm Stryker, Tos-1A Buratino, Other rocket artilleries, T-90M, M1A2 SEP v3, Marines, VDV, Naval infantries, and etc.... 

I am sure this will never happen... unfortunately...

1 hour ago, Marwek77 aka Red Reporter said:

I am sure this will never happen... unfortunately...

It is my Christmas gift wish list, And I will blame Santa if BF denies them :)

I know that some of the lists will not be possible (I remember some of the list are denied by devs because of various reasons.), or possible but not in reasonable time frame. But some of them (VDV, Marine, Naval infantry) are mentioned by dev and BF tester, so let's see what will going to happen. 

48 minutes ago, exsonic01 said:

It is my Christmas gift wish list, And I will blame Santa if BF denies them :)

I know that some of the lists will not be possible (I remember some of the list are denied by devs because of various reasons.), or possible but not in reasonable time frame. But some of them (VDV, Marine, Naval infantry) are mentioned by dev and BF tester, so let's see what will going to happen. 

What is reasonable time frame for Battlefront team? Another 10 years?

VDV will be, but not many point from the list above...

Artkin,

Something I'd love to see in ALL the CM games is towing of one AFV by another or the same or greater weight class.  Account after account talks about this. In Carius's Tigers in the Mud it happens so frequently it would be fair to call it commonplace. One Tiger 1 hauls another out of battle. It was either that or destroy an otherwise inevacuatable (try finding 3 x Famo 18 ton HTs on short notice and keeping them alive under fire) and practically priceless tank.

exsonic01,

Was under the impression T-34/85 with mine rollers were in CMRT.  They were after all a Russian secret weapon unveiled at the start of Operation Bagration.

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Was under the impression T-34/85 with mine rollers were in CMRT.  They were after all a Russian secret weapon unveiled at the start of Operation Bagration.

I think they are really needed in here in CMBS. Mines are kinda OP now in my opinion, there's no easy or fast way to deal with. And mine rollers are all issued in both sides. 

exsonic01,

Wasn't aware they weren't in. Od they'd be in the WW II title and not this one, too. Speaking of dozers, the Russian and Ukrainian tanks with the dropdown one ought to be able to self entrench within a few minutes on typical steppe ground, at least for the current CMBS time period.

Regards,

John Kettler

exsonic01,

From what I can tell, the Russians use mine plows, not mine rollers now. Even the BMP can be fitted for a mine plow. That was news to me.

General Melchid,

I don't own the game, but I do find it bizarre to think BFC would go to all the trouble of properly modeling the Sherman "Crab" flail tank (admittedly for the Vehicle Pack), but would leave out the shocking new Russian weapon that really allowed Operation Bagration to jump off largely unimpeded by German mines (and maybe Russian ones, too). The amount of modeling work couldn't possibly be more than a small fraction of what went into doing the Crab, so why not do it from the get?

Regards,

John Kettler

I'd love to see mine-rollers in CM:RT, a company of ten T-34 mine-roller tanks was attached to each of the main assault groups in Bagration.

I'd also really like to see some lend lease Shermans and even more important.....Please give us Partisans!

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

Sgt.Squarehead,

Why wait for BFC? Couldn't find the partisan pic I wanted. It was shot by a famous Russian war photographer and showed a partisan band, which had an old bearded man in it and a captured MG-34. It was in a book on Russian war photographs.

W-Partisans-3-HT-Jul05.jpg

Image Credit: Unknown Russian source via War History Network

The Soviet Partisan Movement, 1941-1944  Major Edgar M. Howell, AUS, Retired.

http://www.history.army.mil/html/books/104/104-19/CMH_Pub_104-19.pdf

Regards,

John Kettler

On March 21, 2017 at 7:08 PM, Artkin said:

I've also read artillery was the number one cause of death in previous wars.

Well, fragmentation weapons, which includes mortars, grenades, HE fired from vehicles, bombs and rockets from aircraft, etc. Possibly tube artillery contributed the most from that group, but I don't think that is known for sure.

I think it's kind of ludicrous that in CMx2 soldiers still can't enter a building via a window. Maybe it should slow them down and there should be a smashing glass sound effect to accompany it but it would eliminate the problem of soldiers moving around the front of a building, into enemy line of sight, just to find a door.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2017 at 2:39 AM, Artkin said:

Don't know if one has already been made, a quick search concluded that there are none(Or it very well may be six feet under).

I think we should have a turret rotation feature. You tell the vehicle where to look in a general direction but keep the chassis straight. This would help wonders in urban battles. Different from target arc. Many times the turret turning speed accounts for losses. It would be different from target arc since the unit isnt required to fire in that predefined space. It's just a better way of spotting. Besides, when do you ever see vehicles defined to turret perfectly front and center all the time. 

Bring the criticism!

Either that or a simple ai rule that overrides the target arc based on immediate threat. Wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Two features that wouldn't be too hard to implement but would be of great value IMO - a record feature so you can record part of or all the game (both in RT or WEGO modes) and then replay the game and be able to move around in the 3D space and review it. Too hard? Not really, you already get a smaller variant of this when playing WEGO and this was done in the FPS game COD Modern Warfare and its variants. Very handy to review the tactics and gameplay. 

Auto game space which can be set at timed increments based on player's preference.

On 4/17/2017 at 2:23 AM, Baneman said:

You need to be fractionally more specific ;)

I.e. describe it.

I did, I opened a ticket with Battlefront.

Pasting graphics into a graphics field in the scenario description results in a mirror image being displayed when the game is run-- all the text is backwards.

I sent Battlefront the file along with the ticket.

They simply closed the ticket. They're going to ignore it and hope it goes away by itself.

1 hour ago, Jammersix said:

Pasting graphics into a graphics field in the scenario description results in a mirror image being displayed when the game is run-- all the text is backwards.

Well it works fine for me, and has done for all of the scenarios I've made. Not sure this is a bug rather an issue specific to you as I can't recall anybody else ever citing this as a problem.

Several more things I wish to have in CM series:

1) Simplified and easy ammo acquire for infantry from vehicles.

Instead of roll-down and click, there would be easier and simpler way. How about give players an option to directly input the amount of ammo when acquire from vehicle? Like "(425) 5.56mm, (523) 7.62x54R, (3) RPG-26 and (4) PG-7VL", Or any other brilliant simpler way. 

Also, please let players to return some extra ammo back to the vehicle. Acquiring 2160 5.45mm by mistake is very annoying, because there's no way to return those huge amount of ammo. In this case, one needs to load the turn file, and issues all the commands from the beginning again, this is too harsh for that one mistake. 

2) Option to "mark" or "check" some specific points on the map.

Sometimes I really wish move a unit to a specific point. Problem is, it is really hard to find the "specific" point in the middle of command phase. After observing the map, you move your screen, click your unit, and try to issue "move" command to that point, but now you forget where was that bloody spot on the big wide wheat field.....I think a lot of CM players experienced this inconvenience. If we have an option to check or mark a point on the map in command phase, which should be visible during command phase regardless of unit select, this would be great. 

3) More freedom to "pause"

Give us 1 or 2 sec based "pause" option for all units. Current 5/10/15sec pause is sometimes too inconvenient. Also, players are unable to cancel the pause command at the setup phase. Please solve this issue. 

Please make CM interface a bit more easier, straightforward, and intuitive. That would be greatly helpful for beginners of CM series. 

Edited by exsonic01

10 hours ago, Erwin said:

"...players are unable to cancel the pause command at the setup phase."

Don't understand what you mean.  One can always cancel a PAUSE.  You have tried repeating the PAUSE command till it cycles back to 0, yes?

Really? I didn't know that. When it cycle backs to 0? After 2 min pause?