Steel Division: Normandy 44 - New game by Eugen/Paradox!

Hey all,

I've been a pretty big fan of the "Wargame" series of games by Eugen Systems over the past few years. They recently announced a new WWII strategy game that is looking to be quite interesting. Heres the link to the game website:

http://www.steeldivisiongame.com/?gclid=CKjwqq_e29ICFUlWDQodUukMdg

Looks like a very interesting blend of tactical and operational strategy, with some interesting game mechanics as well! It went into closed beta yesterday (15 March) and is supposed to be released this May. 

I have a few reservations about how the game might turn out, mostly fueled by my qualms with the "Wargame" series, but overall I am very optimistic and excited for this. Whats everyone else think?

• 4 weeks later...

Been watching this. There's always room for another wargame  if it stays true to certain concepts, and a few have done that. I play them all. I've read the discussions and it's hard to make out  how good this game is or is going to be. The force allocation table seems to be complemented by those who pre-purchased. The discussions around play balance are all over the place. The sudden strike crowd thinks artillery crew should auto generate, why are there no in battle parachute drops, why do the units move so slow. Others want Pershings , I'm fighting Tigers where are the Pershings. On the other hand you have a well informed group of players face palming replies. There may be some unit nerfing going on as well with 88's and Tigers based on some observations . The dev vid captures look amazing. The player screen caps not so much, likely due to toning down settings to accommodate the resources required to play.  I expect there will be more user utube reviews at release and it will be a little pricey to start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...