Holland maps vs original maps - map pack rumours from a while back?

The 4.0 upgrade has really brought CMBN back to life for me and I've been playing it a lot, after having neglected it in favour of newer titles for a couple of years.

But, having returned, I only really feel like playing the Holland maps - they have so much more attention to detail - they just look and feel better. A lot of the original CMBN Commonwealth Forces maps look pretty plain in comparison. It's mainly an aesthetic thing - I couldn't attest that they play any better or worse, but the detail really makes a difference.

I downloaded all the maps I could find off the repository - and some of them are really good (I'm thinking of the LJF ones, which were excellent), but since I get a better game with the AI when I'm on the attack or assault, I've played most of the good ones now, and only maps with an AI plan are useful for me.

Some months ago I seem to recall vague rumours of a map pack. I would definitely pay money for more QB maps - this game has been cheap for the enjoyment it has provided.

Am I mistaken in that recollection...?

I don't know about rumors of QB map packs.  But like you CMBN has a new lease on life with V4.  The original issue QB Maps were the first batch I did and show it.  The Holland Maps were the last of that Title and were much better for a couple reasons: more  well crafted scenario maps were turned into QB Maps and the introduction of "Master Maps" which made my life easier.

But with V4 my QB maps seem to lack luster and the AI is not so artful in attack or defend... certainly not to CMFB standards.  So I have been altering a couple as I play them.  This is NOT a Pack but it might end up a few Bocage style maps.  The Last Defense Scen also has a QB Map, too. 

You might want to try these  out:

QB Maps Redo V4.zip

8 hours ago, MarkEzra said:

I don't know about rumors of QB map packs.  But like you CMBN has a new lease on life with V4.  The original issue QB Maps were the first batch I did and show it.  The Holland Maps were the last of that Title and were much better for a couple reasons: more  well crafted scenario maps were turned into QB Maps and the introduction of "Master Maps" which made my life easier.

But with V4 my QB maps seem to lack luster and the AI is not so artful in attack or defend... certainly not to CMFB standards.  So I have been altering a couple as I play them.  This is NOT a Pack but it might end up a few Bocage style maps.  The Last Defense Scen also has a QB Map, too. 

You might want to try these  out:

QB Maps Redo V4.zip

Thanks - yeah, sorry I didn't mention you by name. I loved the 54-map pack. They look great and play fiendishly. I'll enjoy these ones :)