US Strykers spotted in Syria.

Ivanov

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This might actually turn out to be a good thing.....A small part of me fears they may be deliberately put in harms way to trigger an 'incident' though. 

:rolleyes:

It wouldn't be the first time now would it?  :mellow:

Plus, and this may surprise you, I don't want to see Americans getting hurt any more than Syrians, Russians, Ukrainians, Britains, Frenchmen, Eskimos, Kalahari Bushmen or indeed pretty much anyone. 

Except ISIS.....Those ***** deserve everything they get. 

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

On 06.03.2017 at 9:46 PM, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

And Russian AK style rifles are a clear sign they support ISIS!

GO HOME GREEN MAN

And Russian T72B3 and T90, Vystrels and MTLBms in the hands of "peaceful Donbass miners" are a clear sign they found them inside their mines

Fighting between YPG and FSA/Turkish Army still continues as of late March, 7. If it goes on like this then YPG will have little incentive to provide infantry grunts for Raqqa offensive. So Turkish stance may well be: "Give us Manbij or forget about destroying ISIS."

On 3/6/2017 at 9:18 PM, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

Perhaps we're just reading this whole thing wrong, and Eastern Europe would be safe if it simply got rid of all of it's apartment blocks?  Do Russian Soldiers go to the range and shoot at giant pop up apartments?

I know this to be false simply because they're quite able to hit hospitals with a high degree of precision, but it's worth asking questions about.  

Yes it is standard training for Russian servicemen of all branches to target apartments and hospitals. 

3 hours ago, kraze said:

And Russian T72B3 and T90, Vystrels and MTLBms in the hands of "peaceful Donbass miners" are a clear sign they found them inside their mines

We are very fortunate Donbass does not have an extensive fishing industry, or else we would be seeing patriotic fishermen of the Donbass with Typhoon class submarines to protect their Russian Donbassian Republic of Really Donbassians No Russian Troops here!

2 minutes ago, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

We are very fortunate Donbass does not have an extensive fishing industry, or else we would be seeing patriotic fishermen of the Donbass with Typhoon class submarines to protect their Russian Donbassian Republic of Really Donbassians No Russian Troops here!

I wouldn't even be mad if that was the excuse for an SSBN to be over their honestly.

panzersaurkrautwerfer,

23 minutes ago, panzersaurkrautwerfer said:

I laughed so hard am now frantically searching ebay for "Buttocks, replacement." 

Sgt.Squarehead,

Perhaps this will mollify you? It's about as on point as it gets. Found it when someone supplied a current map of who controls what in Syria and I went to the link. Graet map, and there this guy's feed was in the sidebar! Siderenko's Twitter site has lots of great videos for modders, too. One bunch has a T-55, and the soldiers' uniforms are interesting as well. Also, I put up a post earlier in the Turkish Leopard thread  with two links in it on Turkish ops there.

https://twitter.com/IvanSidorenko1

Regards,

John Kettler

Many thanks JK.....Looks an interesting source.  B)

There seems to be a bit of an outbreak of cooperation going on in the fight against ISIS: 

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/news/2017/3/8/iraq-pm-assad-gave-approval-to-bomb-syria-targets

Dare I suggest that President Trump may be having a positive effect on something other than the Dow-Jones?  :o

Something is going on and that's for sure.  :mellow:

4 hours ago, VladimirTarasov said:

Yes it is standard training for Russian servicemen of all branches to target apartments and hospitals. 

Haha!  Nice to see you back, Vladimir.  Does this extend to clinics as well? :P 

IMHO,

Wish the map had Google Maps type zoom, but is still a great help, but if you find my eyes from a few decades back that would help in discerning the micro type. I think that transition from dark green to practically sand color is a fine study for anyone doing models of combat and support vehicles in at least some desert environments. And now, a bit of pertinent comic relief.

Manbij (military) tourism ad.

Visit Manjib, Syria now and receive tactical tone down for all your armor and soft-skins absolutely FREE!

Meanwhile, the Russians have arrived in Manbij, too! Unfortunately, the video doesn't show Russians but has some great footage of Kurds in armored Hummers and pickup trucks.

https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/News/2017/3/4/Russian-troops-enter-disputed-Kurdish-held-Syrian-city

It appears the US is patrolling one village and the Russians another in the area.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/06/us-russian-troops-patrol-neighboring-villages-syria/

Regards,

John Kettler

Edited by John Kettler

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Wish the map had Google Maps type zoom, but is still a great help, but if you find my eyes from a few decades back that would help in discerning the micro type.

Try to open the map as a picture in a separate tab. The map's larger than allowed by forum layout so it gets blurred by the browser while being resized

1 hour ago, John Kettler said:

Meanwhile, the Russians have arrived in Manbij, too! Unfortunately, the video doesn't show Russians but has some great footage of Kurds in armored Hummers and pickup trucks.

The interesting questions are:

1. To what extent Turkey is able to restrain FSA fighters. RUS shield may be a good idea vis-a-vis Turkish regulars but Sunni fighters are not exactly big fans of Russia in Syria.
  2. Where will professional FSA fighters apply their many talents should the fighting really subside in Manbij area? Idlib?
  3. Is there a way to make amends to Turkish ego over Manbij in order not to have a flare up in Idlib or South of Damascus area? Though we're focussed on Manbij at the moment but the fighting there does not subside.

And the last but not the least, whatever Alawi/Sunni militias may dream of there's not a chance they ever rule Sunnies in peace again. So will there be a Sunny force with enough weight and rationale to negotiate with? John Kerry looked for one but found just AQ/ISIS offshoots and not for lack of talent or effort. In short is there an exit strategy for Russia?

Edited by IMHO

If Sputnik is to be believed (YMMV), Putin has totally screwed the Turkish Army, blocking its drive on Raqqa altogether. Anyone still wanting to stay in Manjib had best hurry, for the Syrians are coming! Must say I don't care at all for the ever growing mix of forces there , many of whom have conflicting agendas. Whatever the truth or lack thereof in the article, there's a nice pic at the top showing no fewer than five T-55s, at least one of which is an upgraded version with the Klavdivo FCS. 

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201702281051122529-syria-army-turkey-raqqa-daesh/

Regards,

John Kettler

Sgt.Squarehead,

You may well be right, but I thought I'd read that Turkey had permission from Syria to conduct anti-ISIS operations there. Was it instead some other nation or group which was granted such permission? My recollection was there was a statement talking about honoring Syria's sovereignty, and how unusual it was that the Syrian government had authorized anti-ISIS ops on its own territory.

Regards,

John Kettler