US Strykers spotted in Syria.

Ivanov

Just now, c3k said:

I'm still waiting to hear about the Ukrainian government's invitation to have Russia enter the Crimea and Donbas region. I mean, unless you're a hypocrite...or invader.

That is whataboutism, shame on you! We tell about Syria, how does Russia respond?

Probably you don't read near thread about Ukraine. Steve was talking with IMHO about "Russian agression" and I said some words about absense of legal Kiev goverment after revolt and that nowdays hybrid warfare is normal, as West supplies Syrian "oppostion" since 2011, special forces operate in Syria e.t.c. And I was blamed for "whataboutism"! When I saw this thread, I thought that it would be intersting to say about U.S. invasion and to check, will someone say anything about Russia or not. That was my reason to comment on this thread, so please stop taking it so serious and arguing. (to everyone)

Edited by DMS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, DMS said:

That is whataboutism, shame on you! We tell about Syria, how does Russia respond?

Probably you don't read near thread about Ukraine. Steve was talking with IMHO about "Russian agression" and I said some words about absense of legal Kiev goverment after revolt and that nowdays hybrid warfare is normal, as West supplies Syrian "oppostion" since 2011, special forces operate in Syria e.t.c. And I was blamed for "whataboutism"! When I saw this thread, I thought that it would be intersting to say about U.S. invasion and to check, will someone say anything about Russia or not. That was my reason to comment on this thread, so please stop taking it so serious and arguing. (to everyone)

Russia responds with blowing up apartments. Sometimes Ukrainian, sometimes Syrian. 

Green man go home. 

1 hour ago, DMS said:

Sigh... you're doing it again.  Do you have anything to contribute to this thread? 

You made some allegations about US involvement that were clearly uninformed and, in doing so, invited a comparison between what you said here with what you've said elsewhere.  It is not "whataboutism" to say that your allegations about US involvement is both factually incorrect and at odds with your position on Russia's activities in Ukraine.  Instead, it is correctly pointing out that you are badly informed and a hypocrite all at the same time.  I'm not terribly surprised to see you do not understand that.  And now you're picking fights over the fact this has been pointed out.

I'm asking you very nicely... please try to contribute to threads with factually and logically sound posts.  If you continue to troll, I'll have to give you a "vacation" from this Forum.  In case you think I'm going to send you to Turkey to sun yourself or Donbas to wage war, in this context "vacation" means a temporary ban from posting here.  I thought I should be clear since the word in Russian apparently has a wide range of meanings.

Steve

US involment is obvious, it is military intervention without permission of the Syrian goverment. Before it - supplies of great TOW missiles, that burned many Syrian tankers. It is nothing to be informed about, these are solid facts. That is my last comment, no need to reply, if you don't want to get a reason to ban me.

Edited by DMS

30 minutes ago, DMS said:

US involment is obvious, it is military intervention without permission of the Syrian goverment. Before it - supplies of great TOW missiles, that burned many Syrian tankers. It is nothing to be informed about, these are solid facts. That is my last comment, no need to reply, if you don't want to get a reason to ban me.

And Russian AK style rifles are a clear sign they support ISIS!

GO HOME GREEN MAN

4 hours ago, Ivanov said:

Perhaps we're just reading this whole thing wrong, and Eastern Europe would be safe if it simply got rid of all of it's apartment blocks?  Do Russian Soldiers go to the range and shoot at giant pop up apartments?

I know this to be false simply because they're quite able to hit hospitals with a high degree of precision, but it's worth asking questions about.  

On ‎05‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, sburke said:

LOL really?  NOW you guys are gonna start respecting other gov'ts?  Good lord this is worthy of a comedy act.  Who's on first also known as What's today's excuse?

Us guys?  Who are us guys exactly?

International law is international law (or rather it was until the 'Bush Doctrine' trampled all over it).  :mellow:

Surely your comment isn't an attempt at one of those 'Whataboutisms' we hear so much about is it.....Because it surely sounds a lot like it.

US is to cover Manbij from Turkishs attack from the North, from the direction of Jarabulus. SAA with some RUS support is to cover Manbij from the West. Exact deal on what to do with Erdogan's obsession with Kurds is being duscussed right now at Antalia. Limited show of flag by RUS and US SOF didn't help - SFA/Turks continued their attacks at Kurds.

WP had an article suggesting that the Rangers are there to prevent squabbling between the Turks & the Kurds, but I'm damned if I can find the link now.....They point out that all of the Strykers are literally showing the flag and very prominently at that.  It's my understanding that SAA troops are expected to move into a buffer-zone between the Turks & Kurds around Manbij, this suggests that there is some level of discreet coordination in place, to me at least. 

BTW - For those lacking the wit to read what is actually written.....My initial post in this thread was not a comment, but a question.  If the assumptions above are correct, I suspect we may have the answer.  ;)

@Sgt.Squarehead

1. A bit more than show of flag now. That was with Humvees last week but it didn't help - Turks/FSA still went on with their business. So now US is moving in a more capable force. This week's pics are intentional - that's a message to Erdogan.
  2. On the Western flank there was/is going back and forth between Turks demanding Manbij, Turks and Kurds agreeing to cede Manbij to SAA/RUS/US control in full and Kurds limiting SAA/RUS just to buffer positions in countryside. Again SAA/RUS responsible just for the Western flank - the North is US ground.
  3. Manbij was the major topic for Antalia meeting.

PS US air assets to the south of Kobani

C6Pd4QZWcAQ43cX.jpg

The map - green arrow is the direction of Turk/FSA attack at Al Arimah

C6TXUutXQAA_hZN.jpg:large

Edited by IMHO

@Sgt.Squarehead,

http://www.dunyabulteni.net/dunya/377794/abdnin-kobanedeki-askeri-ussu-kullanima-acildi

https://twitter.com/ibrahim_gezici/status/839032597640527872

Some more

https://ruptly.tv/vod/20170305-051 (the bridge they are passing is Euphrates bridge at Süleyman Şah Türbesi on M4 road)

https://ruptly.tv/vod/20170303-065

PS Strykers look exceptionally clean - as if very little mileage right after having been airlifted.

Edited by IMHO

1 minute ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

This might actually turn out to be a good thing.....A small part of me fears they may be deliberately put in harms way to trigger an 'incident' though. 

Let's hope for the best (& prepare for the worst).  :mellow:

Well... Whom to accuse should an incident happens? Turks/FSA - that's an open confrontation with Turkey. Hardly a good choice. Kurds - then there's no manpower to attack Rakka. SAA/RUS - it will break down a mutually beneficial if unpublicized cooperation taking place in Syria. The real danger is Erdogan's irrationality. If he gets a grudge for not being given Manbij on a silver plate he'll respond in Idlib against SAA/RUS. It's still hot enough there and remembering that a lion's share of FSA/Idlib Sunnis are of jihadi kind... :(

13 minutes ago, TheForwardObserver said:

The pic of the forward US airbase is from July of last year and its improperly marked one of the pasted in Blackhawks as an Apache.

Are they pasted in or highlighted.....It's an odd image.  Presumably the base is supporting this deployment?