RDM – Angriff

This original scenario has been randomized and expanded so that no two games will play alike, and so you and the AI opponent have more forces at your disposal making for a more intense experience. There are 5 different AI plans and all reinforcements have been set for random deployment times.

As this is an alteration of an existing scenario you can expect to play the same objectives and general flow of the battle but with more opposition and some surprises. The reinforcements have been designed to keep you on your toes and to counter those of your AI opponent. However don’t get complacent or throw away your forces – you will need them.

Feedback welcome and appreciated. you can email me at xxnightopsxx@gmail.com

Thanks to the scenario author for the original scenario and Battlefront for one of the best and most unique war game simulations around. Keep up the good work.

Download from here:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/tsd3/cm-red-thunder/cm-red-thunder-add-ons-scenarios/rdm-angriff/

On 3/12/2017 at 7:58 AM, Frederico said:

Intense might be an understatement. The action did not not stop from the the first shot til the bloody end!

Did you win though?

I prefer more action and more armor in my games, the occasional scenario where you have longer out breaks for movement/strategy/scouting between fighting/action is good for a change though. Smaller maps are generally going to be more all out battles. What I can't stand is scenarios where you have to click the start button turn after turn after turn just to get through tediously long drawn out periods of absolutely nothing happening. That, or getting through/winning a battle and having 20-30 minutes of the same repeated clicking of the start button with nothing to do at all but wait for the finale. 

7 hours ago, nightops said:

That, or getting through/winning a battle and having 20-30 minutes of the same repeated clicking of the start button with nothing to do at all but wait for the finale. 

Against the AI you can offer a cease fire at any time and the game will end. No need to press the BRB over and over sixty times. Vs a human opponent - you need to find a different opponent if they will not accept a cease fire when nothing is going on. :)

7 minutes ago, IanL said:

Against the AI you can offer a cease fire at any time and the game will end. No need to press the BRB over and over sixty times. Vs a human opponent - you need to find a different opponent if they will not accept a cease fire when nothing is going on. :)

Still have a lot to learn about the game I see. I always thought initiating a cease fire would affect the win/lose outcome algorithm so never went there.

Nightops,

Well, I managed to eek out a German Army Tactical Victory at Elite.  The battle was very challenging and it made me work, very hard, for my end result.

I won't give away any spoilers.  There is a fair bit of frustration with the battle, and there were several times when I was about to give up, and then on came some more reinforcements, which gave me new life for my attempts to move forward.  I had to change plans several times, reacting to the enemy reinforcements.

I did like the diverse equipment that was provided during the battle.  It is fun to use certain pieces of equipment that you don't normally see in the usual battles.  Having said that, it is not fun seeing these items blown up before you ever get a chance to use them!  :P

Quite frankly, I thought I had lost the battle or at the best, gained a draw.  But, I was surprised to see I had actually scored well.  My troops were not very happy with me though, as many of them were slaughtered.

One thing that was simulated well was the carnage and high casualties that are normally associated with Eastern Front battles.

This battle is not for the faint-hearted.  Thank heaven for the Panthers!

Heinrich505 

On 3/14/2017 at 11:50 AM, Heinrich505 said:

Nightops,

Well, I managed to eek out a German Army Tactical Victory at Elite.  The battle was very challenging and it made me work, very hard, for my end result.

I won't give away any spoilers.  There is a fair bit of frustration with the battle, and there were several times when I was about to give up, and then on came some more reinforcements, which gave me new life for my attempts to move forward.  I had to change plans several times, reacting to the enemy reinforcements.

I did like the diverse equipment that was provided during the battle.  It is fun to use certain pieces of equipment that you don't normally see in the usual battles.  Having said that, it is not fun seeing these items blown up before you ever get a chance to use them!  :P

Quite frankly, I thought I had lost the battle or at the best, gained a draw.  But, I was surprised to see I had actually scored well.  My troops were not very happy with me though, as many of them were slaughtered.

One thing that was simulated well was the carnage and high casualties that are normally associated with Eastern Front battles.

This battle is not for the faint-hearted.  Thank heaven for the Panthers!

Heinrich505 

Nice work getting that outcome on Elite. I always end up playing scenarios but then think what if this or that equipment were added and I always like that element of surprise.

PS Panthers are my favourite, they can really change the way things are going in any battle.