Book Recommendations for Salerno and Anzio Landings

1 hour ago, rocketman said:

Currently reading "The Day of Battle" and that wetted my appetite to learn more about Salerno. The first link, is it for "Salerno to Cassino" - the official Army book? For some reason I can't access "history.army.mil" links any more but downloaded it a couple of years ago. Have it on a HD somewhare. Will look inte "Pen and Sword" books. Haven't read any of their titles but my impression from different forums is that they are generally of good quality.

Yes, its the Green book on Salerno. I remember there being a few pamphlets and the like in the link as well but I just checked and couldn't find them. 

9 hours ago, rocketman said:

Currently reading "The Day of Battle" and that wetted my appetite to learn more about Salerno. The first link, is it for "Salerno to Cassino" - the official Army book? For some reason I can't access "history.army.mil" links any more but downloaded it a couple of years ago. Have it on a HD somewhare. Will look inte "Pen and Sword" books. Haven't read any of their titles but my impression from different forums is that they are generally of good quality.

I have the Ebook versions of the Pen & Sword book "Eighth Army in Italy 1943 – 45 The Long Hard Slog" as well as several others.

The Eighth Army book is quite good, reasonably detailed. As its the Eight Army its mainly about the British (and Canadians) so far. I am only a quarter of the way through. The only negative is the very limited and difficult to read maps (in the Ebook version and perhaps the paper version).You will need to look to other sources for that. Have no had a chance to get to the others yet.